Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do something with the ass end of my bike. I have talked with the local dealer and they say they have kits that will cost me around 200 dollars and then have to install it myself. I need some info guys on how to make this thing work. If it is worth it to pay the money then I will, but all I want is a good looking taillight fixture. Give me some ideas. This is my first bike, so I dont want to tear something up without knowing what it is that i am doing.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Search fender eliminator in the upper right. There is a ton of ideas that are very cheap.

Good luck!

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4953&SearchTerms=fender,eliminator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i said. Someone just got ripped off of Targa. I dont believe i wanna do believe i wanna do business with people like that. Looks good though. How much time and work does it take to install that item?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that. Did you have to buy any kits or anything along those lines? Fill me in on how you did that. I also have a silver636!! I Appreciate!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by jwalston03

I like that. Did you have to buy any kits or anything along those lines? Fill me in on how you did that. I also have a silver636!! I Appreciate!
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot buy two small corner braces($0.95) rip all that garbage off the back of your bike, use the holes that the original fender was mounted with to mount your braces with and you got a 0.95 fender eliminator. Let me know if you need some actual instructions and I will break out the digital cam and give you some step by step pics and instructions. I got the rear turn signals from Lockhart Phillips for $ 15.99 and cut a hole in each side of my rear cowl and stuck em in. All together it took about an hour. Let me know if you need a little help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you can afford to buy the bike, what's another $50.00? I'm sure you'll be spending plenty more than .95 cents on extras when it's all said and done. I'm not a big fan of cutting, although it does look good!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by moniz16

If you can afford to buy the bike, what's another $50.00? I'm sure you'll be spending plenty more than .95 cents on extras when it's all said and done. I'm not a big fan of cutting, although it does look good!
There's much better things to spend $ 50 on rather than a $ 50.00 set of bolts and bracket! Any of you guys that pay that for the same thing I got from Lowes need your head checked. I could have went with short stalks but I liked the flush look on the rear better. Most of those kits you can buy are a waste of money. IMO

·
Registered
210 Posts
i bought a libertek fender eliminator kit for $150.00
it sounds like you could make one just as good for alot cheaper

it was made to fit the bike stock but i still had to use 2 self tapping screws.
you cant see the lights in the day time either but they look cool at night and the licence plate light is a led about the size of a booger.

im gonna post some photos of my mods later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.