Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just sharing some pics and vid. Still on the stock tires. They're toast--will be picking up some BT016s next week.

The photographer I like wasn't there so didn't bother buying the pics so sorry about the crappy quality.

Rode in the Intermediate Group rather than the novice group this time.

Here is the vid: Don't make fun of me...I'm slow! :D
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15656859NhBCXxRs

And here are the pics:

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Just sharing some pics and vid. Still on the stock tires. They're toast--will be picking up some BT016s next week.

The photographer I like wasn't there so didn't bother buying the pics so sorry about the crappy quality.

Rode in the Intermediate Group rather than the novice group this time.

Here are the pics:

And here is the vid: Don't make fun of me...I'm slow! :D
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15656859NhBCXxRs

Awsome across the board....heres a rep for you!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
WOW! That video is awesome! Thats like the highest quality ride video I've seen. Camera? On the helmet?

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
You did very well. You had most all of those guys in the turns, but on any decent straightaways the lower power got ya :p Great video!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Me: go, go, go, you got'em, you got'em, go, go,go...:eek:

Wife: you need to simmer!!!:loco:

What a sweet vid.:D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks awesome. Next time drive right over the curbs in the esses. Much faster that way. Can't wait to get mine on the track at Buttonwillow! Like the others, what are the camera deets?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
guess you haven't found the 7th gear unlock yet,eh? :D

thanks for sharing, J ... damn, I wish there was a track around here. :(

looks like a lot of fun. :Bike::Bike::Bike::Bike:
You want a track? With a commute like you have every day?! Aw, man...now you're just getting greedy! :D

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!

I wish I had the camera all sorted out before that one because I had some sweet battles before. Oh well. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

If you look at the pics very carefully you'll see the camera mount on the right side of the bike. All it is is duct tape + foam beer holder = INSTANT CAMERA MOUNT that absorbs vibration!! :D

As for the camera it's the Aiptek 1080p HD camera. By far the best bang for the buck!

Looks awesome. Next time drive right over the curbs in the esses. Much faster that way. Can't wait to get mine on the track at Buttonwillow! Like the others, what are the camera deets?
Yeah, thanks. I usually take a straight line through those esses but I had no idea I was throwing it around like that that session.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I've seen the pix of your suit on another forum before.... hmm... :D Oh, that video is painful to watch, especially on the front straight! LOL Good stuff though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
beautiful video... I'm actually very impressed with the little 250. I would like to see a whole pack of 250's going at it. I think that would be one of the most enjoyable racing that could ever be.

We have a kart track here in Marshalltown that has a class that the ninja can run against motards. I haven't seen an 08 run against them, but the older gen 250 was fairly competive with some susension mods and some sprockets... I can't wait until next year. Hopefully the track will reopen. It was closed due to track ownership issues...

check out www.ciamr.com for more infor on the track...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To the OP: Nice pictures and video. How did the brakes hold up on the little guy??
--David
The brakes held up A LOT better than I anticipated. I was surprised how late I was able to brake. And the harder I squeezed the harder it grabbed.

Next mod is to upgrade the lines and the brake pads.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Very nice pics and vid. I am looking forward to going to button more now

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
great video., u kicked ass on that little 250
i just did my 3rd trackday, and my first at buttonwillow tuesday. it was so fun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts