Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back into town today about 4:30 p.m. We rode as long as we could on Sunday, but it started raining on us really hard. We rode the dragon twice, then started down 28 before we decided that riding in the pouring rain in the mountains is not cool. Anyways, we're going back before the end of the season and hopefully it won't rain on us. Here's a few pics.

Us on the way down.......

Here's the tree of shame........

Here's a zx9r fairing (green one)

And here's a guy whose day must have really sucked.

We had a great time up until about twenty minutes after these pics were taken and it poured down on us.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That road is hands down the funnest, scariest, fastest, and twistiest road I've ever been on. It is definitely worth the trip down, and even though we only got to ride it twice instead of all day, I don't consider the trip to be in vain. We had a great time and killed lotsa beer:D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Killboy is The Man! We caught up with him and his crew down at Little Talladega. There's some good photos of yours truly mixed up somewhere in the 11-12 April weekend hehehe

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
deals gap is pretty sweet.....

a buddy and I recently found some other sweet roads...250 through West Virginia is pretty damned kick ass and so is 219.... some sections of them beat the Gap in sheer fun factor IMHO, but overall the Gap has the longest sections of pure twisties goodness....

·
Registered
618 Posts
This 219 you speak of, I have also been overjoyed by it's beatiful curves. I scraped the hell out of my E's pegs on July 4 up there.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah, just have to look out for some gravel now....

and there is this one section of tight fast perfectly cambered switchbacks (no blind spots either) going up the side of the mountain that just made me grin from ear to ear....it was amazing....

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

That last photo is the product of what happens when you try those Metzler Rennsports! [:eek:]
Hmm, I could be wrong but I don't think the tire in the tree is a rennsport, the grooves go too far to the sides and don't curve in the same way. I'm so in love with those tires I have to mention this.

Rennsport streetrace (at the end of it's life but the grooves don't go any farther than that on a fresh tire either)

hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.