Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share these with everyone. Just got back from the show and it was really good. The new R1 was the hit of the show and the ZX10 came in a close second. Both are amazing machines and both look amazing in person. Also got to see the movie "Faster". That was a GREAT movie and I highly recommend it to anyone. It was 15 bucks (!) to see it but worth every penny. People were standing and cheering for it. It's definitely on my list for purchase on DVD.

All in all, after sitting on all kinds of bikes this weekend, the one that felt the best to me (don't hate me) was the R1. I may end up with one after seeing it in person. It's a beautiful machine and the designers did a great job with it. You could barely get around the crowd to sit on it.

The Honda CBR 1000RR barely drew a crowd (poor Honda [:eek:)]) but they did have a large cruiser display as well as the Nicky Hayden edition of the RC51.

Kawasaki's booth was in the farthest back corner and still managed to draw a large crowd due to the ZX10R. It's a beautiful bike in person, but after sitting on it I found the tank dug into my thigh at a very funny angle and caused some discomfort. I really do think it is gorgeous in person (especially in black) and was a sure crowd pleaser.

The new ZX6RR was really cool looking in person. The Black frame has a metallic flake in the paint and it really goes good with the green scheme. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me ride it at all, but oh well, there's always dealer test rides.

Check out the pics and see for yourself. I'm the ugly one :D and my father is the other guy. There's also a couple pics of some project bikes at a friend's Moto Guzzi shop. Here's the Site:

http://members.cox.net/gt5point0/Long_Beach/index.html

Enjoy!

(I just set up this webspace today, so let me know if it's working O.K. for you)

·
Registered
474 Posts
That red R1 is just sick. If I thought I could trust myself on a literbike...

The 10R looks a lot smaller than I thought it would be, too.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Great pics Ken. Too bad you couldn't ride the 6RR.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ken, those are some good pics, and you look mighty nice on that R1 it fits you! Can't exactly say the same for dad, but thats OK....
I can't wait to go to the Indianapolis Dealer Expo (biggest motorcycle Expo in America)...I'm gonna need my own web-site for all the pictures I will take! I'll have to come back with all the new products for the 6s.
Good pics Ken!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ken your right. I went to the show in Dallas and the red R1 was buy far the best looking bike there. It was the only bike I sat on that felt comfortable right from the start. Honda sucks for the fact that you couldn't sit on or touch the CBR1000RR.

I actually like the looks of the ZX10R better in person. It did feel funny sitting on but I could get used to it. I did not like the black either. Whats up with sparkels?

But the '04 ZX6RR is a keeper. I wish they had the DLC coating on the front forks at the show.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yeah thumbs up to yami that r1 is sick. the 10 is nice also it does look a bit tiny.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze
Man... I want an R1.[V]
I was at the long beach show last night. My impressions are this..

THe CBR1000RR looks ugly. The finish looks like they forgot to paint the bottom fairing and that it's almost done. It also has so many similaritys to the 600RR, if you buy it don't be surprised if someomeone thinks your on the 600 once or twice.

The Kawasaki was bueatiful in person. I had always liked the looks from the pictures, but I thought it looked to be lacking a certian class. But in person that notion fades, it really is a bueatiful bike. It's also very tiny, looked smaller than the 600's next to it. But that is a double sided sword. I'm 6'1 and sat on it, and my legs were to tall to fit right under the tank groove. In that instant I knew it was a race bike built for an average racing fram 5'5-5'9 category. My friend is 6'5 and hopped on and it looked like he was riding on a circus bike. Though I definatly was completely impressed with the bike. Kawasaki has put on a good effort, and deserve the credit for it.

Then brings me to the R1. The styling stands out even more in person. The bike is utterly sexy and feels comfortible to sit on. The sag settings they have at the show was probably for the show, (Cause I find it hard to believe a bike that feels that comfortible to sit on, could also corner for crap). But none the less, the reach was amazing. THe tank groves fit a person of my size perfectly. I tucked myself in and layed on the tank and you can tell that even a bigger person could tuck in that bike with no problems at speed. I know over time we have been hearing that the 10R is supposed to be more track orientated than the R1, but sitting there on the R1 you could simply see the race designed aspects in the frame work. Also for the undertail exhaust, I'm really not a big fan of undertail exhaust. In fact in the pictures I've seen on line, I still never grew to found of it. But in person I have to say they do look sleek and powerful. Rather they are functional like they claim to be I can't tell you, only the shoot outs will. But it definatly looked amazing in person.

So unfortunetly I have to agree with you Speedvlaze, thats why I put a down payment on a new 04 R1. I fell in love and simply couldnt let it go. [V]

·
Registered
469 Posts
The pictures of the 10R Ken took make the bike look much better than most media pictures i've seen so far but I have to say like everyone else, the R1 simply looks fantastic.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Here's a few pics from the Toronto show. Okay, I didn't post the pics of the ZX10R or the R1 or the 1000RR or the 6RR Kawi, but I got a shot of the new Gix 750, and two of the nicest models at the show. (I'm the good lookin' one your eyes will no doubt be drawn to in these pics... ;))

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Here's a few pics from the Toronto show. Okay, I didn't post the pics of the ZX10R or the R1 or the 1000RR or the 6RR Kawi, but I got a shot of the new Gix 750, and two of the nicest models at the show. (I'm the good lookin' one your eyes will no doubt be drawn to in these pics... ;))

[V] How come my show didnt have any models.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, I feel ripped off now [xx(]

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hey dj, is that a Gixxer in the background done with black on white? I can't tell for sure but it looks sweet. It's gonna be hard not to trade the 636 in for that new gsxr![:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Nah, it's the 600 in the same paint scheme, camera just makin' it look darker. I love the new 750 too, but still not enough to trade the 636 in on it. If I did, THIS would be the paint scheme I'd be goin' with.

Looks even better up close and personal. I just am too happy with the 636 (and not NEARLY rich enough) to consider seriously any moves right now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I personaly can't stand the look of the new GSXR's they just bother me. Its cool on the Hayabusa cause it was the only thing that looked like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.