Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah I bought a CD with my pics. I didn't want to wait there for them to burn it though because it started raining right after my last session. So I got them to mail it to me. And so far August is definately a go for me too. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's my post from gtamotorcycle.com

I went to my first track day ever yesterday at Mosport on the long track. I signed up for the street class, but street and advanced street ended up being grouped together (the rules of only passing on the outside applied to everyone). First of all let me tell you that tv does not do justice to this track at all. I was amazed at seeing the wonderfull elevation changes on this track. Turn 2 and 4 where breathtaking!

In the morning I took it easy and took time to learn the track. But since there where a lot of riders on the track I spent most of my time off line passing them on the outside. Once the afternoon sessions began I decided to pick up the pace, and being more aggressive to brake late and pass the traffic on the inside before to corners began. All afternoon there was only one rider (on a CBR 600RR) that could pass me. Before the last session I went to chat with him and found out that he was a journalist testing out the bike for an article. So on the last session we found ourselves lined up at the front of the group. We finally had a clear track and it was time to see what these bikes could really do :twisted: . The next 20 minutes where definaltely the most intense, exciting, and satisfying of my life! We set a blistering pace (reletively speaking :) ), leaving everyone else behind. We were constanly jokeying for position. He always got a great drive out of moss and pulled on me on the straight. Through 1,2,3, and 4 I reeled him in, almost passing him on the outside of 3 before my rear broke loose and almost bucked me off. We stayed close the whole time, if i got caught up in traffic in one corner, he would get caught up in another alowing me to catch back up. It was great fun, and we both felt like we were part of a real race. This is what I bought my bike for, and you can be sure that I will be going to many more track days in the futur.

Our only clear lap of the session was our out-lap, but our best lap time was in the 1.38's. I'm sure a lot of you will laugh at that, but it was plenty fast for me. The main areas for me to practice for the next time out are my exits onto the main straight and the start/finish straightaway. And one last message for everyone who hasn't been to the track yet; GO! :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've only ever done one track day at Mosport, and YES I agree the track is phenominal... world class really.

I prefer Shannonville though, because it's much more forgiving for non-pro class riders, the long downhill into the sweeping lefty at Mosport catches tons of pros every year, and even more amateurs, and it just bothers me to not be able to crack it WOT through that whole section for fear of tossing it into the beach behind the lefty. Plus the off-camber right hander going up that section always feels weird to me.

But good to see we got another member hooked on track days. Anybody ridden Cayuga this year? What kinda shape is it in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by Six-R

Has anyone gone to a race school?
I have been to FAST 1 & 2. Strongly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy the true limits of their bike on the track. Here are some of my pics from Mosport on my previous bike, zx7R #611 from last year. Currently piloting a 6RR but haven't been back to Mosport...hopefully in August.

Turn 9
/forum/uploads/tsunami6rr/track7.jpg
Turn 9
/forum/uploads/tsunami6rr/track6.jpg
Turn 5A (Mosses Corner)
/forum/uploads/tsunami6rr/track5.jpg
Turn 10 (pit entrance)
/forum/uploads/tsunami6rr/track4.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cayuga's pavement is in better shape than Shannonville. The Fuzzy/OSR track days seem well run.

Way to be, Boxer1. The 600RR guy is apparently no track slouch. Nice touch showing him that the old J series ZX6R can dice it with the RR ;) 1:38 for 1st time? Sweet. The parts counter guy at Sturgess Cycle just about killed himself getting a 1:29 at Mosport -- I think I'd give my left gonad to ride like that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.