Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came across this problem , theres slip & lock , but no locy. i saw this same problem of 2 other ninja bikes . need simple solution . like gule it or some chit?

·
Registered
394 Posts
yar

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My brain hurts

·
Registered
291 Posts
if your talking about an aftermarket integrated brake light. mine did not fit right either but i have no clue what your question is

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I know what your problem is. Someone hit me on my 05 from the read doing about 20 and the tail light popped off the two little clips that hold it to the tail section. My plastic clips broke and the light has about a 1/4" gap now between it and the piece it used to clip to. I don't think there is a way to fix it without a new tail section since the clips are formed to the plastic.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry iam a dork .......! the problem was the tail light to the rear faring or rear seat !yar! the shit wont stay together? i was kinda of buzzin, on my 1st post

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Tried super gluing mine as well a couple of times and would not stay.

Just a few weeks ago,took my tail off to make sure I had the grommet in right, stayed for about a week. Back to the same problem. POS.:(

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i took mine apart also ,,damm i hate it! i goona freaking drill it together?:(

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
yar, I had the same problem. I used clear silicone to fill the gap. if you do it well it's hard to tell there is a gap (the silicone blends in with the light) until you get up real close. Worked for me... took like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Had same problem. Took off the rear tail fairing, slipped the light back onto those plastic pieces that supposed to hold it, but it came off again. Took off the tail piece again, put some glue inside and outside the rubber fittings that supposed to hold the light to a fairing. It's been 2 weeks or so and it's holding up so far. If you do use glue- use on inside AND outside of that rubber piece just don't overdue it, it's gonna be a PITA to remove the light if needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.