Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it.....got rid of my 02 9R for a 03 6RR....I have had the RR for two weeks and have over 600 miles on it....I miss the HP but I'm loving the handling....Bought the 6RR over the 6R cause of the color....they were both the same price @ 6999....I didn't really want the black one cause the honda also comes in black....plus the gear I have is green.....here's a few pix....I'm now just trying to save up for a pipe....Don't really want to pay for a full system so I might just get a titanium slip-on from Akra or Muzzy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I started riding back in 86 with a 600R..sold it..bought a used 93 ZX6E..sold it..bought a new 00 6R..totaled it..bought a new 02 9R..traded it..Had more than enough HP but wasn't really happy with the weight and handling.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice bike! The swingarm sticker and the rear blinkers look cool. What kind of LEDs are those blinkers? and what kind of fender eliminator did you use?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
How do you like those grips? are they pretty comfy? Leave any calices on your hands, or black shit when your hands sweat?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I ride with a guy with an RR who's added a full Akrapovic race system, a PCIII and a BMC filter and has added some 9 hp on peak to the bike, and decent over-revvability. Still can't match the 6R for grunt but in a straight line once revs are up it gives nothing away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LEDs-- I purchased those from a local Kawi/Honda Dealer....
Grips--I always where gloves so no black stuff and they are comfy....
Fender Elim--Purchased 90 Degree bent angle alum. from Home depot...about 2 1/2 ft long..cut..then
drilled some holes in it.
Hey dj dunzie--Full Ack, PCIII, & Filter only gained 9 HP?? Did it just add top end? Did it add
any low-mid??

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by JoeRocket

Hey dj dunzie--Full Ack, PCIII, & Filter only gained 9 HP?? Did it just add top end? Did it add any low-mid??
I can't say for sure, don't remember comparing the dyno chart that carefully. I believe the pipe added power everywhere AFTER 5000rpm. "ONLY" 9hp though? Geez, I thought that was awesome, totally transformed the bike. I used to blow him off in straight line races. Now he gives nothing away. On top of that, the max gain is PAST peak power, where it's likely closer to 12hp or so, because in stock trim as I recall it really dipped off after peak, where now it doesn't. OVERrev is UNDERrated. He doesn't have to be as accurate with his shifts anymore. Not to mention the 12 pounds he shaved with the exhaust.

The days of being able to add 10-15 horse to a bike easily without sacrificing street-ability and durability are long gone. Technology is that good now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Damn rocket.......welcome back :) Yup....I figured you would have tons of miles already...and already started modding it out....looks good. So when are you gonna come visit Cali and so we can go check out 58 again...you have to face that demon again!!!!!!!!! :)

Later

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Guam....love to head back out on 58....just to long of a drive to get out there....they have a nice mountain road out here......sorta like harrisgrade but two lanes on the way up the hill and some lovely decreasing radius turns.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.