Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I want to order a two up sprocket for the rear. The problem I have run into is this :

On my user manual CD from Kawasaki, it lists the 2003 636 as having a 38 tooth rear sprocket under the general information section. But when I look online at Kawasaki.com at the parts diagrams, it says it is a 40 tooth sprocket? WTF? I was going to order a 40 tooth sprocket from Dan Kyle, but I don't want to order the sprocket if it is going to have just as many teeth as the one I got now.
Which is correct? I dont want to go from a 38 tooth to a 42 tooth, due to I have a lot of highway use. I could just go outside and count them by hand, I guess, but I am at work. So has anyone who has taken off their stock 03 sprocket counted how many teeth it has?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lee, I will count the teeth after work just to ease my paranoid ass.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How in teh Hell do you people know THAT much about this bike? Impressive. I started out not knowing jack about bikes. I have worked on so much crap, and taken it apart too many times to count. Never had an extra bolt or anything not work. I have had to buy somethings twice after wrecking the item the first time, but I have learned SOOO much in the last few months. A lot I have asked for help on here, and everytime someone has had an answer. I love this damn board.

·
Registered
401 Posts
did you ever get the sprocket, if so how was it

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I did get the sprocket. While I am waiting for the yellow box to come in, I sent the sprocket off to get chromed cuz I didn't like the dark grey it was colored.

·
Registered
401 Posts
what brand, where, how did you like, and any pics before the chrome?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the sprocket from kyleusa.com. Nope, no pics before the chrome goes on. I am planning on getting a digi cam here pretty soon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by duh1nonly
Yes, I did get the sprocket. While I am waiting for the yellow box to come in, I sent the sprocket off to get chromed cuz I didn't like the dark grey it was colored.
Good decision. The shiny chrome finish will let the chain lube stains stand out that much better.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah, my favorite is the "no sling" chain wax that always seems to end up on my polished rim. My question is, why do people go three up in the back when they can go 1 down in the front and not need a longer chain. I understand you can bring the wheel in and run stock length, which would help for wheelies, but is there any benefit in changing the rear sprocket size instead of the front?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.