Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh man oh man...had the most horrible motorcycle accident today. Right near the wild animal park, was riding quite conservatively, went to pass a very slow moving suv, in a legal way....dashed line and all. Well, another car was coming the other way over a mild crest....no biggie, I just slowed down a little to get back in the right lane when BAMMM! . Some idoit on another bike nailed me. I went down hard to the pavement, my head hit hard, and the oncoming vehicle kept coming, and coming.......and coming. There was nothing I could do caus' I was sliding and the bike hade me pinned to the road. The oncoming car was gonna run me over...when all of a sudden it locked brakes and swerved slightly, missing me by 2 feet according to witnesses. I now have 18 stitches in my left arm and multiple bone bruises. Thank god for a great helmet too. I am so lucky.
I had nothing on but sweats.....stupid. I don't normally do that, but I did today. Just makes you think a liitle. Sorry about the rant....I really wanted to talk about football stuff, but this soreness is kickin my ASS right now. Gotta go

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...i've been riding for 25 years...no accidents, nothing. Then two in the last year. I'm scared now in way I wasn't before.The 1st one was my fault...went down while cornering, but this one was so random. The mirrors on our bikes aren't so good...if I coulda seen the guy behind me maybe I coulda done something.He had been following me for a while...about 50 yards back, and nailed it to pass also, but he wasn't paying attention to the road.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Wow. Did the other rider keep his bike upright?

Sorry to hear about your get off. It doesn't sound like there was much you could have done. More than likely, the other riders inexperience and lack of awareness were the causes.

Heal up quick. How is the bike?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Glad your still alive, hope you heal up quick!

It sounds dumb maybe, but this kind of thing is one of the reasons I like to ride alone or if in a group I like to be the last one. That way I don't have to worry about the other guy, becuase they are all in front of me. A lot of times if people ride up on me like they want to cruise along with me and I don't know them, I just let them go. I'll just go out of my way to make an extra turn or a stop somewhere, cause its hard enough keeping an eye on cagers, the road, everything around you, without having to worry about the random idiot that wants to ride along with you.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Bike hitting bike is always a danger... he shouldn't have tried going around until you were back in lane ahead of the SUV.

Sorry you went down; that's gotta suck. Hope the road rash isn't too horrible. Heal fast.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to walk away, we lost a fellow rider on that same road a while back. Hope you have a speedy recovery...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies guys. the bike is remarkably unscathed. the lockhart no-cut sliders did their job going down at 60 mph. i was skeptical about them, but the bike went down on the left side, which is the no-cut side, and the only damage is a bent shift lever and the left footpeg is gone. i slept well on vicatin and beer last night, but this morning it feels like someone beat me with a bat!the other guy had full gear and was ok, but his z1000 was totalled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.