Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too day was not a good day for my kung fu (ninja).

The day started off good, had a track day session scheduled for Fontana with fast track riders. Enroute to California Motorspeedway I got a tank slapper speed wobble at 120. After recovering succesfully I got the chitters and decided to kick back.

During the day, I was cruising around the pits in the pocket bike for fun. Not heeding the advice of my peers, I rode in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I hit a rock and the pocket bike started to wobble and I eventually ate shiett..

At bout 3 o'clock I decided I had enough fun and decided to go home. I would normally split lanes, but I was tired and just wanted to cruise home safely after the morning tank slapper. I was cruising maybe 20-25 mph in the lane adjacent to the "fast lane" when a mexican in a pos brown truck clipped in a lane change.

The bike went down with me on in it. Luckily my fieldsheer air titanium jacket and helmet absorbed most of the impact. After briefly stopping traffic, I got the bike up and went after the guy. The accident occurred bout 20 miles east of los angeles. I eventually caught up with the guy a quarter mile later and tried to get him to pull over. He wouldn't stop and tried to evade me. I tailed him to his freeway change to the 101 to the 5 North and eventually got him to pull off the freeway at Los Felix. He continued to not stop and tried to evade me even more. He began running redlights and stop signs and abrupt right turns to avoid me. I eventually got him to roll down the window and he agreed to stop at a police station. After bout 30 minutes more of chasing him from glendale to hollywood, he eventually came up to a police station.

But that's where it got interesting. I began running out of gas so I was happy to see him finally pull over. His passenger got out of the car when he erratically pulled away from the curb and make the first right. I hopped back on my bike and chased after him. He made a couple more turns b4 trying to duck into an alley. I caught back up to him again and he tried to evade me again. He came back up in front of the police station where he had to pick up his passenger. I stupidly pulled my bike diagonally to his car to block him. He tried to reverse out but I just stood there. Finall a cop came out to see the commotion. the cop detained the two mexicans until everything was sorted out.

I am kind of upset of the outcome. Atleast I got his information, but I was expecting an arrest. The stupid bastard was driving around with a mexican license, luckily he had insurance.

ehh just thought I might share

I am thankful I walked away from today relatively unscathed. The edge is gone a bit and I am a bit shakey from this whole ordeal.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Wow, and I thought my day was bad since my loose license plate flapped around in the wind. Sorry to hear that it was that painful throughout the day but I admire your diligence to catch the crook.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
man that sounds like you had a bad day. good to know that you are ok though. as for chasing the guy, i don't know about chasing him. that just put yourself and other in more danger. its good that you caught the guy, i don't agree with you saying he should have been arrested though. i think he should have gotten his ass beaten then arrested!! glad to know your ok though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to hear that you are ok. And I'm also glad to hear that you chased him down and caught him! Crap like that should never go unpunished. I wish they would have arrested him, and I hope it all turns out ok for you.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Damn, from Glendale to Hollywood? That must've been a shitty chase considering how shitty those roads are. Good thing you didn't hurt yourself anymore while trying to get after them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
appreciate all the feed back

the chase occurred from La Puente to Hollywood. I am working with my lawyer and my friends in law enforcement to ensure that this guy does not go unpunished!!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Seriously... you can definitely get them for some sort of wreckless endagerment since they clipped your bike. And since they RAN from you, maybe you can get them with assault with a deadly weapon. Punish them to the full extent of the law. Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If he's driving with a Mexican license, what happens if he just decides to go back to Mexico? Sounds like you could be screwed. I hope everything works out. Definetely a shitty day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.