Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my frame sliders in a few days ago and got up early to put them on, (shogun cut sliders), started the bike up and pulled it around, and started working. In the process burnt the hell out of my fingers on the headers (just don’t ask). After about 2 hours of checking and shaving, checking and shaving, I got my sliders on and put some door molding around the cut to give it a nice look. So I take her out for a little spin. Just cursing along and some crazy guy in a van runs me off the road (I say runs me off because I has beside his passenger door, not in his blind spot). Happens to me a lot but normally they just don’t see me, o well I continue my ride, sliders look great. Make my final turn heading home, get up to 40 mph, car making a left hand turn from a street up ahead on my right decides to go, traffic is coming in the opposed lane, I swerve left trying to make it through before she makes it all the way out in the road, she hits the rear of my bike I feel it wobble and buck left but stay on, turn around and park behind her, get off expecting to be missing the right rear of my bike. There is not a scratch on it!!! I look at the front of her car (plastic bumper) and there are a few scratches and a little paint missing, go back to my bike and after about 5 min of looking I finally see my rear break line has been rubbed in one spot and I have a scratch on my rear peg. All I can say is although it was a bad experience, I am lucky as hell. Just thought I would share my day.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would have given her the lowdown! [:M110] I hope you got her name, insurance info, and filed a report. It's always good to play it safe just in case you find out later that something on the bike got damaged. Trust me, I have learned the hard way.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by ninjabob85
i was mad but she had a little girl in the car so i tried to stay professional.
"professional"? it wasn't bussiness dude! it was stupidity on her part. you should of yelled at her in front of her daughter.....this way the kid would know her mom is a dumbass! people who drive like retards piss me off but people who do it with kids in the car really make my blood boil!
but anyway, glad to hear you got out of that with just a couple of scratches and no pain ;)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
dude. as much as i would like to say make her pay for new stainless break lines, new rear tire, and stuff like that. i cant. no harm, no faul. and carma is a bitch. so i agree with you and your decision. sucks though.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Yea i also second that, it was one thing if she like yelled at u or sumthin, or was a bitch about it, if she was concerned and scared, sometimes u just cant be mean ya know

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's funny how people get so upity about cars pulling out in front of them......got news for ya fellas.....unfair as it may be....YOU are the one that needs to assume that that sum bitch in the cage is going to literaly try and kill you...not as though they mean to...but c'mon just admit it...nah ....never mind i will....I have nearly pulled out in front a bike a few times and ive been riding for a pretty good amount of time.....I should know better...but ya know there are circumstances beyond the "insert state here" drivers manual....like the man said above ...no harm no foul.....let it go and that karma thing will find you again.....ya know karma isnt always a bad thing.....glad ya got the sliders on.....i had to laugh man as i burnt the hell outta my arm on the muffler.....but anyway things happen and they will continue to happen long after we are unable to riding anymore...then you son or daughter will come ohome and tell you about the idiot in the car that just about wiped them out on their bike....:D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't see a problem with not yelling at her. That said, knock on wood, I've never been hit while on my bike. So I guess I have no idea what I would be feeling if that happened to me. However I have hit enough things in my car (in my younger years) that I don't yell at people if they hit me. I figured I lost that right awhile ago. Accidents happen, thats why they are accidents. I could rip the head off of the idiot that tapped my bumper in my pos contour but what good would that do. In my experience most people don't "try" to get into an accident and when they do are generally remorseful.

Glad you made it out ok. Stupid move or not, i'm sure that lady wasn't planning on clipping you or anything else. ..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude, sorry about your bad luck and all... BUT, I must say that this statement right here:

"I swerve left trying to make it through before she makes it all the way out in the road"

Makes it sound like it was YOUR fault you got hit. If I saw a car turning right in front of me I would either stop really fast, or if I couldnt then I would swerve AWAY from her path of direction. Once again sorry about your scare but...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by thepakrat
Dude, sorry about your bad luck and all... BUT, I must say that this statement right here:

"I swerve left trying to make it through before she makes it all the way out in the road"

Makes it sound like it was YOUR fault you got hit. If I saw a car turning right in front of me I would either stop really fast, or if I couldnt then I would swerve AWAY from her path of direction. Once again sorry about your scare but...

2 fingers were on the brake and I still don’t think I could have stopped in time, and I had just passed a car on my right so I was not sure if I had out paced them or they were in my blind spot. The only option I saw was to try and make it through or go flying over her hood.

And as far as the karma thing, I agree, the first thing I thought of when I got off was “what is this lady getting me for my bike?” but she was really scared and nice so I was not going to be an ass about my brake line having a little mark on it, it would come back to bite me in the long run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.