Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I flashed my 2011 zx10 and obviously got a bad one out of it. I went to dyno it today and it pulled a whopping 60hp and some change. Luckily the guy that flashed it was also running the dyno, and is getting me a reflash and a free custom map for the issues.

My question is, ever since I got the initial flash, my daytime running brake light (does light up for brakes), turn signals and city light all are not working, could a bad flash effect this? I didn't think it had anything to do with those kinds of electronics.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix the lights?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
the FIRST thing I would check is the fuse box to see if the fuse for that circuit has been blown. Then come back and give us the results of that.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
okay, good to know. Now I would check the wiring at different locations in the circuit with a voltmeter/multimeter to see if and where you are getting power. It could be a broken wire in the circuit somewhere causing the circuit to not get power. If you don't have a multimeter I suggest picking one up, they are super useful for diagnosing electrical issues!!!

Also if you could get your hands on a wiring diagram for the bike, and see what else is on that circuit. Depending on how it is wired, one component might be causing the whole circuit to not have power (this is most likely the case)

Two nights ago I got a similar issue but without tuning. My two corner lights went out (not the blinkers just the little lights in the corner of the headlight) as well as my angel eyes which I had wired into those corner light wiring. I'm sure one component caused the circuit to fail (possibly a fuse in my case) but could be a short somewhere too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts