Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo. I just got a 2009 ER-6n and am having a few issues.
The story of the bike is that the plate says it's from Oklahoma. I picked up the bike in Missouri and brought it to Texas. It didn't seem to have any issues in Missouri when I test drove it. Now on 1 tank ican go maybe 100 miles before needing to refill. I know I shouldn't need to refill it that often. Since it sat for a while before I got it Im gonna do an oil change and a few other things to make sure it's running right. I fiddled with the idle screw a few times hoping that helped. Around here I use 83 octane fuel. I was told to go up to premium gas so on this next tank I will. Anything else I should address to improve the milage?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Hi and welcome, the only way to get a fuel light at around 100 miles is on the track, when absolutely thrashing the bike or when you do nothing else than commuting in extremely dense stop-and-go traffic.

Is the bike fitted with an aftermarket full exhaust system or slip-on?

Some non-bike-specific items can mess with the fuel-air ratio under certain circumstances and trigger the FI light on the dash, have you ever seen that illuminated?

Also, check the air filter too or replace it with a new one, it's like 10 bucks, just to be sure, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything on the bike is standard and has no aftermarket parts. Since I'm gonna do maintenance to it I'll get a new air filter, spark plugs and oil. The bike is my daily commuter to and from work and around town. So having to fill up every couple days is a bit troublesome. Again I'm running 83 octane and will be upping it that might be the issue given where the bike originally came from. I'll keep you posted and see where it goes from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts