Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Hi and welcome, the only way to get a fuel light at around 100 miles is on the track, when absolutely thrashing the bike or when you do nothing else than commuting in extremely dense stop-and-go traffic.

Is the bike fitted with an aftermarket full exhaust system or slip-on?

Some non-bike-specific items can mess with the fuel-air ratio under certain circumstances and trigger the FI light on the dash, have you ever seen that illuminated?

Also, check the air filter too or replace it with a new one, it's like 10 bucks, just to be sure, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
the issue I had was that the back wheel was misaligned, causing the rotor to rub against the brake shoes constantly and wearing down the tire unevenly. this is turn caused resistance to the engine and lowed fuel milage dramatically. now in 85 miles i go through half a tank(roughly 2 gallons) thank you guys for trying to help. I'm still new to owning a motorcycle so will always have an obstacle or to come across my path. hope this helps out someone else as well in the future.
I am glad that you discovered the cause of the issue and fixed it and also that you shared this info with us for future reference (y)

Ride on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts