Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding to work today I noticed a bad vibration from my back tire at speeds over 100mph on the interstate. I just did a "short" 100mph run on a pretty much empty roadway at 5am.(I know,... kinda squidly, but couldn't help myself...my Kaw wanted to run.:D) Is this a balance issue or should I be looking for something else. Its definitely coming from the rear tire(not head-shake). Checked my tire pressures and they're all OK, (factory pressure.) Did a search on this but came up with nothing. Any ideas? Could it be suspension related? I haven't had a chance to change my settings yet and they're all still at stock.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't even think about checking the tire alignment, I'll check it in the morning before I ride to work. If that's what it is, guess I'll be in a cage for the ride(sux).

·
Registered
857 Posts
yeah alignment will do that, put your bike on the stand and put it uin first and let it run if the chain is catching or clanking it's not aligned properly or your axle nut may be to tight or to loose, if it's set up properly there should be no random clanks like the chain is kinkin or anything...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by stylin97
make sure your real wheel is alinged straight as well. check the notches on each side to make sure they match.
Yup, thats what it was. Guess I didn't recheck after I tightened the axle nut down when I did the first service myself, and took up the chain stretch. Now she rides as smoothas a baby's ass!!!:D

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
check the alignment of the wheel, also check to see if the chain is tight or loose from streching, i dont think a flat spot would do that, you would feel the flat spot way before 100mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.