Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I noticed that the stator cover was wet. Not oil
but its clear, thin and feels like brake fluid. Could'nt figure out where it came from but it looks like it was wind blasted across the cover. All the gaskets were dry all around the cover so I pulled the mid fairing off. The outside face of the coolant reservoir was covered with this stuff. Only where the bottle touches the insulation pad on the inside of the mid. It looks like condensation but it feels slick like brake fluid. Its even making the black coating on the bottle wrinkle and lift in a couple small spots. I wipe it off but it will be there next time I pull the mid.

Bike is 02 w/ 15k miles running water wetter.
Anyone know what is happening here. I'm stumped people. The only logical way this stuff can appear like it does is if its passing thru the plastic from the inside.

Driving me crazy!!!
I'm at the track in sept so I'm trying to make sure the fluids stay put

Thanks

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
[:Agree]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does'nt look like a fork seal issue.
There is absolutely no liquid anywhere on the bike exept outside of coolant reservior where the pad touches and a slight bit on the face of the stator cover. None behind or in front. No drips at all anywhere.
Construction nearby has put a good coat of dry dust on my bike.
Makes it easy to see where it can't be coming from.

First time I saw the leak it was 105f out. A couple weeks ago it was 116f outside! Bike never got over 220 in traffic. Coolant level is unchanged and the bottle is perfectly dry up near the cap and all around the sides. Hoses are all cool.

I feel like one of those C.S.I guys without the lab.
If I had a lab I would of swabbed it by now:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.