Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
every now and then when i start my 2002 zx636r i get a loud poping noise before it turn over what is this noise..? is it just unburneduel in the cylinders ?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
that happens when before you turn off the bike, the crabs have too much gas in them. its just burning them off. next time you park dont shut off the bike until its stopped.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I get them sometimes too. Scared the shit outta this lady that was walking along the road when I started it. She dropped straight to the ground. I didn't have the heart to laugh. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
My son sometimes has a sit on my bike when its parked up and twists the throttle repeatedly. Later when I go to start it it does as you describes. Its caused by too much fuel sitting in the cylinder. A friend who has a zx7 does it while travelling down the road - he flicks off his kill switch for a moment and flicks it back on. The result is a big backfire and sometimes a flame out of the muffler. I keep expecting his muffler to blow off.

I think he twists the throttle when the kill switch is on. Its funny when he does it - usually when there's a few people walking down the street. They jump big time!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

that happens when before you turn off the bike, the crabs have too much gas in them. its just burning them off. next time you park dont shut off the bike until its stopped.
I hate it when those crabs have too much gas in them also

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.