Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a truck the other day on my bike and the right mirror broke off. Long story short, she didn't use her signal. She paid for the replacement mirror, but I need to go to work on Monday and the mirror doesn't come in until Wednesday. I have a bar-end mirror called "Third Eye," it's for bicycles, though. I'm thinking about going to the body shop and getting it installed. I'm not sure if they can do it.

This mirror has a skinny screw on the end, not a clip like the real moto bar-ends. I'm planning on removing the bar-end off my handlebar and putting this mirror in and then using some sort of cement to keep it there. Bad part is that when I get the replacement, I'll want to remove the bar-end mirror but the cement will have destroyed the hole for the bar-end cap.

Help?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
CA law states that you are only required to have one mirror on a moto.

Why would you waste time glueing a temporary mirror to the bar end, let alone have a body shop do it? Learn to work on the bike yourself and save some $. Bar end mirrors are more useless than the stock mirrors anyhow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one mirror? I had to ride to the shop with one mirror and it felt so weird and dangerous. How do you see what's on the side you don't have a mirror on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't get it. Or maybe I don't know that I'm supposed to turn my head when I want to change lanes? Either way, I want to go to the Valley tonight and this mirror dilema is causing me great pain. I'm gonna try to get there with the one left stock mirror.

Comments?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Yea, you need to learn to physically look behind you while you are riding. If you are going to only have one mirror, I would think you would want it on the right side like green monster has, even for the stock mirrors. Looking over your left shoulder, you can take a hand off the bar easily to get a better look. Right is a little more awkward since you don't always want to take a hand off the throttle. I usually raise up outta the seat to make looking around to the right easier for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, lil green does that type of mirror vibrate at higher speeds. And does it clamp over bar end balance weight or did you remove that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It does not vibrate and it folds back at 120mph. I took the bar ends off, but you can reinstall them if you want. The mirror is a crg lane splitter that folds backwards if you hit a car mirror while splitting lanes, hence the name. You should look over your shoulder when changing lanes anyway. You get used to it after a few days. I had l & r mirrors and I thought it looked dumb so I took it off.

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
810 Posts
I dont get everyones deal with hating on mirrors...i mean,theyre MIRRORS. how horrible can they possibly look on your bike>?? just my two cents - i think those bar end mirrors make your shit look cheap as hell. I'll stick to stock. [:0]

·
Registered
810 Posts
by the way...thats one of those brand spankin' new 1915 Kawasaki ninjas huh??? lol...I didnt realize the model came out so early this year [:p]

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by lil green monster
Bar end mirrors are great. I can see more with one bar end than both stock mirrors and it looks better.[:p][^]:D
^^^^How bad is the vibration on the bar end mirrors. I would think the vibration would kill the functionality?

I've only seen bar end morros on my buddies SV and they looked really gay. Not that looks should matter in this case, but still.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by lil green monster
Bar end mirrors are great. I can see more with one bar end than both stock mirrors and it looks better.

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D
I AGREE!

·
Registered
377 Posts
To me bar end mirrors remind me of the older girls bicycles with the tassles on the handlebars and clicker for the spokes. Gay as hell. They do have issues as well in seeing in a turn or something. Never tried them because I wouldnt be caught dead with that thing on my bike, but there are a few other threads about bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Originally posted by cybereyes
To me bar end mirrors remind me of the older girls bicycles with the tassles on the handlebars and clicker for the spokes. Gay as hell. They do have issues as well in seeing in a turn or something. Never tried them because I wouldnt be caught dead with that thing on my bike, but there are a few other threads about bar end mirrors.
Tell me why the fuck you would be looking behind you going through a turn [:M7]

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
by the way...thats one of those brand spankin' new 1915 Kawasaki ninjas huh??? lol...I didnt realize the model came out so early this year [:p]
haha im not a fan of those things either. stockers do the job just fine. and if i cant see something i just move my arm or turn my head.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by racedfila749

Tell me why the fuck you would be looking behind you going through a turn [:M7]
[:M50][:M50][:M50]

·
Registered
394 Posts
[:M26]

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like the look of the bar end mirrors. It cleans up the front of the bike and I'm a fan of the old cafe racers so maybe that's why. I'll be getting some as soon as I decide I want to pay that much for mirrors. My mirrors vibrate so much over 70 that they're not much use anyway. You always want to head check. Stock mirrors and probably any mirrors have huge blind spots. I just use my mirrors when I'm waiting for my buddy on his gixxer to catch up. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.