Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's so dangerous. What happens when your chest meets the bar end in a crash. It does happen, you know?

Whatever makes you happy, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you putting them on an '08 250? The website that i was looking at that carried them, didn't inlclude the new '08 on the compatability list. It showed the fitment to stop with the '07 model. Otherwise I would have got some too. I guess the only problem would be if the slider posts (screws) were different sizes. Please message me back if you run into any problems. I'd like to know, because they were in my plans too!
Thanks-

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got them on Ebay. Said it would fit. I only paid $10 for it so if it doesn't I won't loose out on a lot of money. If the bolts are bigger then I can always drill bigger holes and rethread.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
That's so dangerous. What happens when your chest meets the bar end in a crash. It does happen, you know?

Whatever makes you happy, though.
There's a lot of things that can potentially happen if you crash. The statistics of people being impaled on their bar ends? It can't be too crazy high (I've never heard of it). Plus if you worry about every little detail such as that...

... Why are you riding a MOTORCYCLE?

Are you putting them on an '08 250? The website that i was looking at that carried them, didn't inlclude the new '08 on the compatability list. It showed the fitment to stop with the '07 model. Otherwise I would have got some too. I guess the only problem would be if the slider posts (screws) were different sizes. Please message me back if you run into any problems. I'd like to know, because they were in my plans too!
Thanks-
They'll fit a ka-gillion different motorcycles :D I've heard a lot of people complain about vibration issues with lighter bar ends (Hell I have a set of anodized blue ones on my bike). I guess the heavier the bar end, the more it dampens vibration (which in turn doesn't wind up in your hands). For that reason a lot of people put the heaviest honking bar ends on their bikes that they can.

... Interestingly enough after I put my anodized ALUMINUM bar ends on handle grip vibration is now non-existent. If I grab the bar ends though they literally vibrate :D. Kind of backwards to how it's 'supposed to work' with light bar ends, but oh well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There's a lot of things that can potentially happen if you crash. The statistics of people being impaled on their bar ends? It can't be too crazy high (I've never heard of it). Plus if you worry about every little detail such as that...

My co-workers friend died that way, so it does happen. He wasn't impaled by it like a samurai sword or a spear but it did rupture some organs and he died of internal injuries. If he had these kinds of bar ends who knows what else would have happened to his body... but I suppose it doesn't matter because he died anyways, right?

We all know riding a motorcycle is dangerous already so why add more to it?

Also, I don't appreciate you questioning me like I'm some fucking 10-year-old kid. Maybe I like to use more logic.

·
Registered
158 Posts

That's probably because most people riding motorcycles are smart enough to realize it's a stupid idea. Few incidences doesn't mean the injury rate is low.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
My co-workers friend died that way, so it does happen. He wasn't impaled by it like a samurai sword or a spear but it did rupture some organs and he died of internal injuries. If he had these kinds of bar ends who knows what else would have happened to his body... but I suppose it doesn't matter because he died anyways, right?

We all know riding a motorcycle is dangerous already so why add more to it?

Also, I don't appreciate you questioning me like I'm some fucking 10-year-old kid. Maybe I like to use more logic.
Another slightly delayed response...

Well I apologize for questioning you like you're some fucking 10-year-old kid and not like the fucking 19-year-old senior citizen you are. I'm going to go put nerf padding on the newly installed roll cage I put on my bike right now (So I might not be able to get RIGHT back to you). Tomorrow (time permitting) I plan on putting a florescent orange parachute in my ejection seat so if/when I do have to eject I don't accidentally get hit by any passing planes.

:buzzsaw:Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

·
Registered
70 Posts
blunt trauma is actually more damaging than those would be.
it would cause a laceration but the damage would be negligible compared to normal bar ends.
they are spiky but not sharp, so it might go into you but probably wouldn't cut anything like being stabbed or sliced, just kinda move things around it.
But freak accidents do happen

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow, you're so funny, Vex. I wish I could be cool and funny like you. I like how you have that quote in your signature to boost your ego every time you post.

Have you ever thought about joining the clown club? You're at the ripe, douchey age of 26. I hope I don't become super-cool like you when I turn 26.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Have you ever thought about joining the clown club?
Where did you get your suit? At the toilet store?

I didn't think I was being douchy in my response. I was simply pointing out that if you're going to worry about shit that is THAT rare of an occurrence perhaps you shouldn't be riding a motorcycle as that (statistically speaking) in itself places you in a higher risk group of dying. That and you said it yourself he DIDN'T have spiked bar ends and still died.

I liken that logic to saying "I don't keep my car keys in my pocket when I sky dive. If the chute fails I don't want the discomfort of falling on my keys (boy does that smart!)..." Then again you're probably not going to live to dislike the discomfort, but JUST in case.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
how about you 2 kids take it easy;)

i havent got to ban anyone in a little while.
but atleast now ive got targets...
I apologize. I was foolish and silly in my logic and arguments. Everything I said was wrong and nobody should read it.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts