Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZZR600. I'm going to install risers to give myself more varied riding positions. Is there a recommendation for a brand of riser? Also, is there enough play in the wiring hooked to the bar to do the install without altering the wiring? Thanks.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi Nancy,

I put Helibars on my '05 ZZR600. Here is the link to the model that fits our bikes:

http://www.helibars.com/proddetail.php?prod=HB4009b

It raises the grips 1.5 inches higher, 0.5 inch rearward, 0.5 inch wider. The stock wire harness, throttle, clutch, brake cables/hoses are unaffected. Last July I rode my bike from Los Angeles to Laguna Seca for the USGP (~400miles) with no pain. The install is pretty easy but it helps to borrow/rent an air/electric impact driver to remove the two allen head bolts the hold the stock bars to the bar stanchions. Kawasaki applies a thread sealant to these bolts that makes removing them with just a hex key nearly impossible without stripping the head. Hope this helps!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glovis, thanks for the info. That's exactly what I needed to know! I'll get them installed soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.