Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious about bar risers, as many others have on here. I came across these and thought I'd post, in case they might help those with wrist or back problems. http://www.convertibars.com
The site is pretty cool, and you can view installation videos to see exactly what's involved.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
not bad, but i bought the 636 BECAUSE of the aggressive supersport position, so no interest here, plus it's $360 bucks....but to each his own, let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree, the whole point of the ninja (and other supersport bikes) is to be "agressive" and not "comfortable".
I would really think you would be missing the point if you raise the bars to make it a supoersport chopper. Eventhough the bike killed me with back and arm and neck pains the first two weeks or so, I am now in love with the aggressiveness and won;t ride any other style. I also don;t get muscle pains anymore. You get used to the positioning pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they're not for comfort, but some people might like it to be as comfortable as it could be. The riding position is excellent for riding the twists, but I do some long trips with miles of straight line riding which really bother my wrists. With these, they can be adjusted for both styles of riding. I just wanted to give somebody looking for a comfortable ride an option.

·
Registered
394 Posts
right on... we weren't flaming your contribution as it will most likely help out alot of folk...we were just stating our opinions :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hokie the new Gixxer 600 clip ons have a similar set up for the convertibars for the 636. I was very impressed how comfortable the gixxer was. If these weren't so damn expensive I wouldn't mind getting a set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.