Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating putting bar risers on (to allow for some more varied riding positions for comfort). Are there any recommendations on brand? Is there enough slack in the wiring for them to be replaced without rewiring anything?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
hi nancy... i was in this position last summer. i asked some racers i know at the local track what the best solution was. you actually have 2 options- use the risers or the rearsets. woodcraft makes both (i think they may be the only manufacturer that makes them for the 250)... and here's what i heard:

using the racing rearsets or the clip ons will change your riding position, making it more acressive by moving you back on the seat. you will still be able to sit up more during city riding, but you won't get that awful back cramp from trying to lean closer to the tank in the twisties on an ergo setup that wasn't made for it.

so option one is the clip ons: these will move your upper body down closer to the tank and stretch the reach your upper body has to make- but more of your weight will be over the front of the bike. option two is the rearsets: these will also stretch your reach, but will do so by moving your butt back on the seat. this actually keeps your cg where the suspension wants your weight to be- in the middle or toward the rear tyre.

i went with the rearsets because my main problem was not with the cg, but with tucking in.
plus, they look neat.

here's a link to a faq on ninja250 for each, to help answer any tech questions you may have:
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_I_put_clipons_on_my_bike?
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_get_some_new_pegs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
very informative marshmallow ;) ive got clip-ons real ones not lowered risers but they wont work with the regular bodywork and it feels like its a back buster but its a trackbike so i need the positioning but like what marshmallow said about the rear sets and the lowered risers each serves a purpose but it all depends how your riding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.