Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 98 ZX6R... I INSTALLED SOME HID'S AND GROUNDED IT TO THE NEGATIVE ON THE BATTERY... NOW WHENEVER I RIDE MY BIKE WILL CUT OFF AFTER SOME TIME AND BE COMPLETLEY DEAD... I HAVE TO JUMP MY BIKE JUST TO GET MOVING AGAIN... MY BATTERY IS ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD AND I ALSO HAVE AN ALARM ON MY BIKE... I DONT KNOW WHAT MY BIKE KEEP DYING... MAYBE I NEED TO GROUND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE... MAYBE TO THE FRAME? BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE IS A GOOD SPOT... MAYBE SOMEWHERE SOMETHING IS GETTING GROUNDED...DUNNO WHERE... OR MAYBE THE ALARM AND HID ARE TOO MUCH FOR THE BATTERY?... I DUNNO... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY IDES AS TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING... THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You have a short somewhere. I'd start looking at your hid's because that's probably where the problem is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
By simply grounding your system to the negative, shouldnt drain your battery. Check your entire HID set up and make sure the wires are all good.. If you still cant figure it out then take the HIDs out and try the stock headlight again to see if the problem still persist

·
Registered
149 Posts
you can eather have a short somewhere so chek you wiering to you HID and alarm or it could be that you have a problem somwhere in you charging system check you battery voltage with the bike off which should be 12.4-12.8V then check it with your bike running the if your voltage comes out less that 13.6-12.0 V while running it at 3000-4000 RPMs you got a problem with the charging systemull

Caerfull not to blow a fues on the bike or you multimeter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.