Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 250 and the battery keeps going dead on me. i checked the charging system and im only getting 12.1 volts to the battery. how will i know if the stator is bad or the regulator bad?

·
Registered
406 Posts
u prolly just need to go buy a battery....look at the cheap routes before the expensive

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
When it's running it's only getting 12.1 volts?? What is the bike idling at and do you have the high-beams on?

The charging system doesn't get excited until around 1,300 RPM or so, so if your bike is idling at 1,000 RPM for instance the bike is going to be sucking from the battery (an easy test for this without using the volt meter) is simply looking at the headlights. If after the bike is warmed up and idling if you blip the throttle (with the high beams on) the lights get a little brighter then you know your charging system isn't excited.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that voltage reading is at 4000 rpm's. the batt was replaced not too long ago. I tested the stator, it did not ohm out, and the ac voltage was around 55v. Does anyone have a manual that specifies what the stator should read?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts