Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago when i installed new levers, my bike wouldnt start after a ride. When i tried tos tart it some strange buzzing noise and thats it. I took out battery and charged it, put it back in the bike, and it started all normal. Then took short ride after that, shut the bike of, and after 1 min i wanted to start it up again saim problem. Till 2 days ago when i took battery out charged it and it lasted trough rides till yesterday. My battery died when bike was on and i was riding it hard beafore that, but i stoped at the stop light and turned on turn signals and thats when bike wanted to turn of but i kept it by rewing it. Speedo was deemed a bit, only back light and nothing else was showen. Wehn i was going back home it turned of, and i had to push start it but speedo was back on like battery charged trough that previous ride. This problem happend a lot trough this few days. I went to local shop to measure voltage, but they said battery is problem and it only shows 12.20 V, even when i hold rews to 4k rpm. What can be the problem???!? Sorry if some one does not understand im kinda frustrated becaus of this prob, and engl is not my native languge...

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Either the reg/rec failed or the stator did. You're not charging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im kinda confused, becaus guy that checked it said that it was battery...
And i think it's chargint ehn battery but when i come at stop light and turn on turn signals they drain out battery..

Il go to other shop to check out if its not charging to fix it. Is it a cheap or expencive fix?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i think i found the problem if i can say it that way....
I noticed when i turn on turn signals battery gets empty fast, without using them battery is lasting, this is day 4 from the last charging and i didnt use bike a lot but the battery is definitly lasting longer without turn signals...
I installed integrated tail light 2 months ago but idk if it has something to do with this problem..

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Like Sev said, it's most likely your regulator/rectifier or your stator. When you rev it, if you hear whirring sound that wasn't there before the bike started doing this, then it's the stator. You can test the regulator/rectifier and the stator with a multimeter. The testing procedure and the normal readings should be listed in the service manual, but I don't have one for this bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like Sev said, it's most likely your regulator/rectifier or your stator. When you rev it, if you hear whirring sound that wasn't there before the bike started doing this, then it's the stator. You can test the regulator/rectifier and the stator with a multimeter. The testing procedure and the normal readings should be listed in the service manual, but I don't have one for this bike.
i've been to the repair shop and rectifier is dead.....
And that noise you said, i think i started hearing it but 2-3 weeks beafore this happend, but than i thightend the chain o_O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts