Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I use the battlax 002 or supercorsa on a 06 10r? If so, should I use soft compound in front and medium on rear? Or, use soft front and rear? Why?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very similar feel. I prefer the Stones as they seem alittle stiffer in the side wall and offer more consistent contact with less flex.
Both brands slide well and are predictable........
Good luck, either one is a good choice......

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I ride a 2003 6R, I would prefer the Supercorsas. Having probably 50hp on me might make a differnce though.

--David

·
Registered
103 Posts
Depends on bike set up. The Supercorsa (not Pro's) have a very linear steering front with a soft tire carcass. This makes going through transitions from full left to full right a bit harder. The steering takes a bit more effort. The Supercorsa Pro has a taller front profile like a Dunlop which makes turn-in easier with the same grip as the Supercorsa. The 002's are a stiffer carcass connstruction which gives less bump compliance and helps steering be quicker. Both have very similar levels of grip and wear. I have used both on my Ducati 999 as well as my '06 ZX-10. Currently running the 002's and love them. However, given a good deal I would just as happily run the Supercorsa's. As far as which compound that depends on what you are going to do with them. A track day on a smooth track use a soft front and med. rear. On rough surface tracks (not bumps but pavement type) use a med. front and hard rear. The harder the compound, the longer it will take to heat up to optimum grip but wear will be better. If you use a soft rear on a rough track, it will cold tear and wear like crazy! If these are for the street, it really doesn't matter much. Probably just use a med. front and hard rear if you have a choice.
Best of luck

·
Registered
217 Posts
I raced both. SC2 is good right from the go. Stones come better by the end of the race whereas SC2s are sliding. I put faster laptimes with SC2 though. What about Powerrace ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.