Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 99 zx6r. I took a safety course that helped tons seeing how I didnt even know how to start one a month ago. I knew it needed a back tire when I got it. I was just wondering if the battlax BT010 was a good choice. I used the wider rear size of 180.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
As speedvlaze said, Welcome to the board! I have a 1996 zx6r, and I just replaced both the front and rear tires with BT010's. I can definitely say that they are great handling tires. They'll stick to the road as far as you want to lean it over. I'll take a pic of my back tire tommorrow and post it up so you can get an idea of how well they wear and how well they stick (zero chicken strips).

By the way, I bought my tires from discountmotorcycletire.com for $194 delivered to my door. Pretty decent price, I'd say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I did do a little research but wanted to double check with the experts[8D] I paid $159.95 plus taxes for the tire...thought it was a great price. Riding Rocks!!:D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
$159 PLUS TAX???????? Great price??????[:0][:0][:0]

I paid $194 for BOTH tires. They were about $77 apiece and the rest was shipping, handling and tax.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Although the wider tire fits, it adversely affects handling. In the future, stick with the stock size of 170/60 for the 1999 ZX-6R.

You can also get the rear for $116 or the pair for $194 delivered from swmototires.com.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the stock size was 160....is it actually 170?? I would have went with the 170 if I had known. I guess it works out not to bad if the $159 was canadian $$. Maybe they were just trying to rape people here for the regular price of $279.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey. Welcome to the site!

Check out these threads for some more info:

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6088&SearchTerms=bt010

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6993&SearchTerms=bt010

In a nutshell...great tires! :D

inca jones

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know a heck of a lot about motorcycle tires but I just put a Pirelli Sport Demon on my bike (I don't know if it comes in your size or not) but I noticed how much better it was the my old Dunlop whatever that was on there from when I bought the bike in April. Got it at motorcycletireplanet.com Been waiting for the front tire for over a month now but they said they were waiting for it from the distributor and I bet they were waiting for it from Pirelli cause its a new tire, but I paid like $160 for both tires including shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.