Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey was just checking out the bazzaz unit. i see it is self adjusting . Is this not better than a power commander. i have a pcIII but wonderin if there is any advantages over the bazzaz?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I would have to say that it is good yes but it comes with a price. To get the self adjusting feature you have to spend about the same amount as you would on a custom tune for a PCIII. Some of the guys rocking the 08zx10r's are picking up about 10 hp with just a slip and still rocking low 40 MPG. The good thing with the bazzaz is every upgrade retunes itself, but IMHO there is no replacement for what a knwledgable tuner can do to a PCIII, I guarantee they will squezze out the extra ponies the bazzaz might have missed.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Right now, it's uncertain if the quality consistency and reliability is there, but if it is it should be a nice unit as you can add traction control to it

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
The price tag is a definite detractor. The Bazzaz unit is about $339 and the Sensor needed for the self tuning is about $312. That is about twice the cost of the PCIII. Personally I want the Bazzaz unit. The unit without the sensor is about the same cost as the PCIII. There is a write up about the traction control module that you can also buy in this months Sport Rider.
Keep in mind that a custom tune on a dyno would be worth about the same as the sensor unit. And you'll only need to buy the sensor once. As opposed to getting a new dyno every time you change engine parts. I usually tell my customers to get everything they plan on doing all at once to avoid having to dyno or rejet multiple times. It means I don't get to make the $$$ on a couple of extra dyno's, but I can make that up because they'll come back for other services.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
got mine for free but i just wanted the unit and the A/F self mapper so i didnt need a dyno!! works great!! i took mine to a friend at HMF and they didnt have to do a thing, it works great, just hit self tune go beat it up on the street, see the changes it wants and boom done! retail the bazzaz is more the PC3 but if u no someone, the unit will cost $290ish and the A/F computer with O2 bung will be about $280 plus tax if they make u pay.

so $290 is about the same as PC3 and $280 is gona be about the same as a custom dyno tune BUT u can cumstom tune everyday, different weather, hot, cold, rain, dry ect!! AND everytime you up grade a part

·
Registered
503 Posts
got mine for free but i just wanted the unit and the A/F self mapper so i didnt need a dyno!! works great!! i took mine to a friend at HMF and they didnt have to do a thing, it works great, just hit self tune go beat it up on the street, see the changes it wants and boom done! retail the bazzaz is more the PC3 but if u no someone, the unit will cost $290ish and the A/F computer with O2 bung will be about $280 plus tax if they make u pay.

so $290 is about the same as PC3 and $280 is gona be about the same as a custom dyno tune BUT u can cumstom tune everyday, different weather, hot, cold, rain, dry ect!! AND everytime you up grade a part
This really makes me feel better about the Bazzaz....

So what A/F ratio did you set yours to?

I was reading this months Sport Rider (Aug2008 pg 110) and it says that most are set from the factory to 14.7:1. It also says that ratio closer to 13:1 would be better for performance. Any thoughts on what ratio is good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.