Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked one of these units used from another forum and tried to install it today.

Problem 1- The instructions are pretty lame. It goes alright at the beginning but then it shows a picture of the Quickshifter harness and then doesn't even mention where to plug stuff!

Problem 2- I did the steps on the instructions and it was pretty straight forward but then when I got to the part where I needed to install the QS harness I noticed I couldn't fit the 4-plugs anywhere... they won't fit on either the upper nor the lower injectors!

Since everything else was ok, I tried starting the bike without that harness and she started first go. So basically what I need is to find out how to plug that stupid harness so I can use the Quickshifter!

I have contacted the seller and asked him if he had perhaps sent me the wrong harness and he said that's the only Bazzaz unit he ever had, so that's impossible. The guys has been nothing but straight up so far (I've bought lots of stuff of him over the months) and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Any ideas?

Here's a pic of the harness:

· Registered
326 Posts
So I picked one of these units used from another forum and tried to install it today.

Problem 2- I did the steps on the instructions and it was pretty straight forward but then when I got to the part where I needed to install the QS harness I noticed I couldn't fit the 4-plugs anywhere... they won't fit on either the upper nor the lower injectors!

Any ideas?
It doesn't plug into the fuel injectors, it plugs into the coils on top of the spark plugs. It kills the igniton not the fuel.

· Registered
109 Posts
I have the same unit on my 09 ZX6. I know that those instructions absolutely suck! When I encountered problems I just called Bazzaz. They are super helpful and told me to call back to make sure everything worked.

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all worked! All plugs in the right places and all...

But it's now throwing a code. Dammit...

I installed an Autotune and a servobuddy at the same time as well as doing the PAIR mod on it so I'm not too sure what is causing it. Will have to check it later cause I just finished the bike and it's 1:30am.

Important thing is that the bike starts and runs.

Will have to figure out the Bazzaz software as well. I'm having trouble setting the A/F target.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.