Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot of people say that it is not possible to win against a 750 on a 636. But ive done it numerous times. A couple of reasons come to mind. I weigh 145lbs. my buddy weighs 210lbs. we've raced from a stop, a 40mph roll and a 70mph roll. The only way he would win would be a top end run. I always pull on him, and when i say pull, i mean pull hard. his gixxer 750 is a 99.

·
Registered
493 Posts
well i believe you, i beat a buddy's 03 750 and i have a citation from the highway patrol to prove it and he weighs less than me, im a much better rider:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I definately agree w/both of you....its about how fast the rider is not the bike.........

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Weight is a HUGE issue. (no pun intended).

A riding buddy of mine goes 135. I weigh 220. He usually rides an R6 Champion's Edition, but when he takes my 636, he has beaten (soundly) my cousin on a GSX-R750, and another buddy on a GSX-R1000. Mind you, once the big Gix 1k gets wound out, there's no replacing top end displacement, but definitely beats him getting to that point.

·
Registered
493 Posts
yes weight is an extremely huge issue, my bro has 636 w/ power commander and hindle i have just a two bros slip on. i weigh about 40-45 lbs less than him and pull about 3 bikes 3-4 bikes by the top of third in a 6-7k 3rd roll on start

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's good that I'm only 155 then huh? I love riding with other 600's..love to show them what the kawis are made of. I've walked my buddys f3 a few times...makes me smile each time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.