Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I park my bike under a tree when I go to work... the problem is there is tree sap all over the bike... the queation is... what can I use to clean it?

-Honda polish is no illegal in California[xx(]
-If you say plexus, I heard it don't clean this stuff off... correct me if I'm wrong
-If you say plexus, where can I buy it? pepboys? autozone?

-Most importantly, I called the dealer and since honda stuff isn't available, he suggested something made by motul or sp... any thoughts?

Thanks all[8D]

·
Registered
390 Posts
Rider1deep use a wet 100% cotton towel and use a mirco-fiber cloth to dry. Follow xtremewlr replie after. I have done this on my own cars for years.[:M86]

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by stryder420

HUH?!??!?!?!?!?! illegal?!?!?!?!?! hmmm..... i have no problem getting it.........
Might be left overs maybe if you just recently got it? The aerosol version of honda polish is not sold any longer in CA from what I understand. Don't know for sure as I haven't used it ever.

·
Registered
470 Posts
use Goo Gone. gets rid of sap easily if its still somewhat fresh. It doesnt harm paint either. Ive used it on my cars to remove sap and recently on my bike to remove the sticky residue left over from the stock stickers, does wonders. you can get a big spray bottle from Home Depot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by xtremewlr

Might be left overs maybe if you just recently got it? The aerosol version of honda polish is not sold any longer in CA from what I understand. Don't know for sure as I haven't used it ever.
since when? was this recent? i havent bought it recently because i still have some left over, but soon to run out. i'll proly check it out tommorow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
With any kind of residue or sap or anything greasy i use a clay bar and wd-40, it smooths it right out and rubs whatever is on the finish off. Jsut keep rotating your clay bar. And make sure to use a lubricant. Works great.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by VTZX6-r
With any kind of residue or sap or anything greasy i use a clay bar and wd-40, it smooths it right out and rubs whatever is on the finish off. Jsut keep rotating your clay bar. And make sure to use a lubricant. Works great.
a clay bar also works just as well as goo gone, forgot about that nifty little thing.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all.. i'll try a warm wet towel first, dry with a microfiber cloth, and hit it up with some meguiar's quick spray... if all else fails i've got goo gone and a clay bar...

wd-40 on the wheels, a good chain lube, plastic cleaner for the windscreen, and back to black for the lower fairing...

as for honda spray/polish, a lot of states changed their EPA regulations and sadly the honda stuff is now deemed unsafe... i know some states still sell it, so it's not impossible to order it over the internet, but cali is definitely one of the states that won't allow it... just look at the rest of our transportation laws... we pretty much are in the state with the most restrictions....

·
Registered
463 Posts
i just discovered this stuff that i use on my boat and recently tried on my bike (NOT THE WINDSCREEN) i still use plexus for the windscreen with a soft towel..with the mirrored screen its really easily scratched just like mirrored visors but use this stuff on the rest of the bike...its called Kork Rub cleaner-disinfectant..works wonders! then use 303 aerospace protectant on the seat..looks like new everytime...the cork rub will get the bugs off the headlights you couldnt get off before and the bugs off the front end without scrubbing like you have to with plexus

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Meguires Quick Detailer is safe on the windscreen and even on the guage face plate. I also use it to clean the wheels and the face sheild on my helmet. If things are really greasy and dirty, I spray some Simple Green on a cloth and clean with that first and follow up with the Meguire's. Works every time.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
you use 303 Aerospace on the SEAT?

·
Registered
463 Posts
yup and it works awesome..made it look like new

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by drunknboatin
yup and it works awesome..made it look like new
I've used it on my dash in the car once or twice and it's not greasy by any means, but it seems like it would be a little slippery on a seat. no? does it leave any sort of sticky residue or does it work almost like a leather conditioner that I would use in my car and just soak in and make it look rich?

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah it soaks in and makes it look real good...just dont put to much on otherwise it might get a little slippery..just put enough on to change the color of the seat...takes the faded look out..you wont even no your seat looks faded until you put it on

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
we got honda polish for sale...just reminds me i need to pick some up in the morning

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.