Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was riding 2 days ago going oh 80 ish when i hit a swarm of bees .ok so i got stung 2 times on neck 3 bees got in my jacket 2 stings on my tummy and one on my back .my neck and throat are swollen as hell and so is my tummy. corse i had to pull over vary fast cause i had bees stinging me to hell, oh man it hurt, corse when i pulled over i was still being swarmed so i had to open jacket let the bees out then take off ride for a mile then pull over again to scream in pain.lucky i had water threw water on the stings pulled stingers out
and rode home by time i got home i was sollen as hell no im not alergic to them thank god ,Did have to go to doctors though sucked.

so remember next time your going 80 mph + Zip your shit up make sure ur tight cause having bees hit u at 80 + is nasty

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, the tummy stings hurt the most...

were you riding on country roads?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
damn man that sucks, good thing you didn't go down as a result of the stings, that would have really sucked.[:0] hope you get better man.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pain or not i wasnt gonna lay the bike down i stuck it out to the fastest screaching stop u ever did see !!! i sware i stopped from 80 in like 20 feet!only for a sec to open my jacket bees where flying all around me had to get out of there so i floored it till i was about mile then stopped again took off all my gear down to just my jeans and sneakers had to take my shirt off and check myself.

well the ride home just sucked shit i was in alot of pain and had miles to go i was in middle of no wear at least 50 miles from home.
if my camera worked i would take pics of how i look its nasty.[xx(]

·
Registered
348 Posts
DAMN!
WTF are the chances of riding into a swam!?!?

glad to hear you didn't lay down the bike,
were they really bees (I mean did you ride past a honey farm or something), or honets or some other things that looks like them.

If it was a honet nest and not bees owned by any one, I'd go back with a big bomb! And nuke that nest!!!! =P

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sux.

Few weeks ago a bug somehow got sucked into my helmet and I felt him moving around and buzzing by my ear. The I feel him crawling around and not on the outer area. I know the type of stop you must have done. It was right inside my lid and I was absolutley helpless, shakking my head and whatnot like crazy - Reminds me of the saying "so close yet so far away" LOL. Got my helmet off and he flew out of my ear - I was freaked.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
bees suck, but i think a spider is the worst. a big spider with long legs crawlin around in your hair while you're riding really really sucks. They don't sting like bees, but creep the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
sorry to hear about your swarm.
I had a less painful experience once with a bee.
I was riding and the bee smacked me center of my forehead went down my shirt some how got into my shorts and stung me on my ass. I went from 60-0 in about 1 second! It hurt pretty bad. I couldnt ride for the rest of the day. well I hope you recover quickly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fucking bees! I hate fucking bees, I have been lucky enough to have not encountered any bees on my bike yet, but I hate em any way. Good job bringing your bike to a stop without dropping it. Goddamned bees!

·
Registered
298 Posts
WTF?! At 80mph?! I would've thought that any bees/bugs/etc would've gotten splattered, and any survivors would've just been blown away by your draft. This is almost like those cheesy horror movies that came out in the 70's and 80's (everything from bees to ants to frogs to alligators...) :O

inca jones

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yet another reason why I ALWAYS wear full gear when I go riding.
I've been smacked with every damn imaginable bug between Colorado and Maine, and let me tell you, without having a helmet, jacket, jeans, boots and gloves on each and every time, I'm sure I would have gone down several times over with well placed bug hits.

The worst have to be those big ass round bumblebees. I have had quite a few of them bastards hit me square in the visor right in front of my eyes more often than I can count. And they sound like a rock when they hit the visor. Imagine not having a helmet on and getting one right in the eye?

Sorry, I'll keep wearing my gear, and making sure its tight before I go riding.
BC.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn that sucks man. I had a wasp sting me one time when I was trail riding but never any swarms. Many bugs have splattered on my face sheild though, and evertime Im like, Damn Im glad I have this helmet on.

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
OK, so it's not just California that is overloaded with bugs, you guys get it to.

I have got hit with my fair share of flying bugs. Usually I wipe my bike down after a ride, so the bugs come off pretty easily most of the time. It's hardler to get the bugs off my helmet. I hate it when a bug gets caught in the radiator though.

I have got hit be a few bugs that either hit just right or were really big, because it felt like I got hit in the head with a rock.

Bugs seem to be worse near lakes/rivers, and just as the sun is going down. So depending on the time of day, sometimes I alternate my route accordingly. Also at lower speeds I seem to not run into many bugs, maybe they are able to get out of the way. So under 35, I ride with my faceplate up, over 35, it's down.

I don't see how those Harley guys just wear those brain bucket helmets and nothing else. They must go home with bugs on the face in in their beards and in their hair and between their teeth.

-Flash

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.