Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda cant decide what exhaust i want like the look of the beet that you get through kawi but i also think the look and sound of the pine box exhaust is killer i have heard some shit about the pine box like it breaks down your mid range and adds to the top end of yoru rpms people say a "loss" of power the pine box web sight sells it as a shift of power into the higher rpms.. the price and the sound and even the look of the pine box is killer but is it worth a power loss or change in mid range power i listed the web site and you can hear sound clips and video on the page let me know if anyone has this exhaust and what dod you do with the servo? also he has a slimmed version of the tail light that sits on top of the tail section mounted under the passenger seat

http://www.pineboxonline.com/07index.html

·
Registered
364 Posts
wow that was tough to read....

personally and this is my opinion ( edit- by the looks of it ) but it belongs on the back of a pickup truck
i remember it sounding different the first time i heard it

but hey to each his own

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
kinda cant decide what exhaust i want like the look of the beet that you get through kawi but i also think the look and sound of the pine box exhaust is killer i have heard some shit about the pine box like it breaks down your mid range and adds to the top end of yoru rpms people say a "loss" of power the pine box web sight sells it as a shift of power into the higher rpms.. the price and the sound and even the look of the pine box is killer but is it worth a power loss or change in mid range power i listed the web site and you can hear sound clips and video on the page let me know if anyone has this exhaust and what dod you do with the servo? also he has a slimmed version of the tail light that sits on top of the tail section mounted under the passenger seat

Nassert R! Let me go ahead and toss in a prediction that you're going to get some very choice responses for posting a thread asking for opinions on arguably the top exhaust for the 6R compared to one of the frankenjobs.

Also: the period is your friend. Use it.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Punctuation is your friend. I haven't heard of the Pinebox before. It sounds pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Nassert R! Let me go ahead and toss in a prediction that you're going to get some very choice responses for posting a thread asking for opinions on arguably the top exhaust for the 6R compared to one of the frankenjobs.

Also: the period is your friend. Use it.
i agree. but when you look at price as well. money has a lot to say, and the nassert aint cheap.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Wow, comparing Fazolis to Carrabbas.

Beet all the way if you can swing it

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Beet all the way if you can swing it
yes. no doubt the beet is better all the way, but is the cost worth it. i mean the extra money could go to things like a damper, or rearsets, or brakes, or suspention. things like that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats what my stock exhaust sounds like. Its a little modified and i did it all with a dremel, hammer, chisel, and a little bit of effort.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The beet is a work of art and the pine box is something that looks like the local morons put on their cars minus the pulsing led lights.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The beet is a work of art and the pine box is something that looks like the local morons put on their cars minus the pulsing led lights.
thats pretty harsh. the pinebox is actually put together quit nice...

but no its no beet.

and no i would never pay 2k for an exhaust unless i was makin well over 150k a year.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I like em both, but the beet is a little expensive. I did talk to a guy from pinebox (Dave I think) about any power increase. He said you will start to feel more power at about 7000 rpms, and it does get better on the top end. Personaly I like the 9ers gp style more than the undertail, and it adds 5 hp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well if i can hold out till the first of the year i will buy the beet love the look and sound i like the look of the pine box aswell as the sound but everyone seems to think because it isnt a brand name and the dude really doesnt weld all that well lol i dont know beet is kinda expensive but i like it so damn much lol ill flip a coin and let you know my choice lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Travis,

I'm sorry the ordering system can be a little confusing. You just need fill out the order request form to get started.

Let me go thru your questions one at a time.
-My exhaust is just a slip on. So the cat stays intact below the motor.
-The servo is left plugged in. If you unplug or remove it, you will get the FI warning light. But you do remove the valve and cables with the stock exhaust.
-If you don't want to use the stock fender / tail light assembly, then ya I have one without the brackets. The brackets are actually optional. But if you want to use the stock fender / tail light, then you must have the brackets. If you really wanted someway to bolt a bracket for that, I could make one It will just be one of those custom special requests. Of course this will cost a bit more than the bracket option. But it could be done.
-Loss of power? Below 7-8k RPM you will feel a little less power. But that's a drawback to any free flowing exhaust like mine. But the top end above 8k RPM will feel stronger. I'm sorry I don't have any dyno results. I have tried several times to get something worked out. But it always falls thru.

e-mailed to me from dave at pinebox.... i was just informed i will be making a couple extra grand over the next month or so due to preventive maintenance
program to the fryers at kfc yea i fix fryers for a living pays 15 an hour always work 50 plus hours anyhow so most def beet it is now if you excuse me im going to take my non-typin ass to sit on my bike and make beet like noises lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol everyone giving me shit... its funny i could give two shits less about performace i like the look and sounds of both thats it if i wanted perfromance i wouldnt have bought a 600 lol plus next year the bike is being handed to my gf so i could really give two shits less lol but go ahead have your fun im lol aswell

1 - 20 of 21 Posts