Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Again, quick shots before rushing off to work. I've only had a chance to ride it a few miles this morning on the way back from my mechanic, but because of the drastic difference between the stock pegs and these, I decided to write a quick review:

Positioning:
Amazing. Completely redefines my leg posture. I have them at the highest setting (Position 4 on the adjustment bracket) which sets them back 52.5mm (2 inches) and up 25mm (1inch). The new height means that I'm forced to ride on my toes, which isn't a bad thing at all. It's actually quite comfortable. I feel my knees are in a lot better positioning in preparation to hang off the seat during aggressive cornering.

Shifter:
The new shifter is basically a short shifter now. Whatever throw/distance you're used to on your bike right now (the dead zone between gears when you shift) is non-existent now. We're talking instantaneous shifting. You move your foot, you're already in the next gear. The same goes for downshifting. I think it's safe to say that the shifting distance has been cut in half, if not more. Is this a negative aspect? Hardly. Also, the new shift lever is in a much better position overall affecting the ease in which you are able to get the toe of your boot under the shifter. I found that on the stockers I had angle my ankle down some and search for a comfortable position <--- Sorry if that is confusing. I'm going to take some foot position photos later to illustrate all this.

Brake Lever:
The brake lever sits much higher than the stock one and is almost level with the footpeg. I'm not sure if the new spring mechanism was designed to have any effect on the overall feel of the rear brake pedal, but it definitely feels a lot firmer now, yet balanced enough that it still feels like you are braking. Again, like the new shifting experience, this re-designed brake lever makes you feel more connected to the bike than ever before.

**SIDENOTE** I wear a size 10 shoe and I have no trouble with these rearsets.

Bottom Line:
HIGHLY recommended if you have the cash

Pictures:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks sick, I'm looking at either these or the woodcraft sets as my legs are a bit cramped with the stock rear sets. Seems the position you are using is = to the woodcraft sets, but the woodcraft sets use the OEM shift and brake levers.

It's a shame these are roughly double the cost of the Woodcraft sets, the shorter throw seems like it'd be nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm.. The brake pedal is level to the peg? .. Can't you adjust the lever a bit to hang a little lower? If you can't, I am surprised... Even the stock levers are adjustable.

I for one hate the feeling of a level brake lever.. While it may feel a bit firmer, it forces your foot into an awkward position. I adjusted mine to maintain firmness, but engage at a lower point so that it was comfotable for me to get my foot onto the lever and apply it. For the price one has to pay for these, you would think that lever adjustment was standard.

They look nice though, with the exception of the curve in the brake lever.. Looks kind of funky.. But again, if it were adjusted, it would not look as strange. All IMO.

Cool stuff though Beast. If you are satisfied, all is well. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks Good. Hard to install?
Apparently not. The instructions were all in Japanese but the exploded view made it pretty self explanatory for my mechanic. He cuts me a good deal on labor anyway so it wasn't worth the hassle. My garage in my apartment is a dark cave anyway, not tinkering friendly.

I hate you! :D
I think I know this by now Kelly ;)

I can't rep you atm since the forums wont let me, but damn, that is beautiful. Your bike is simply amazing.​
I'm glad you like it. Now it's time to ride like the wind :)

Hmm.. The brake pedal is level to the peg? .. Can't you adjust the lever a bit to hang a little lower? If you can't, I am surprised... Even the stock levers are adjustable.
Unfortunately no. This is the most it can be adjusted.

I for one hate the feeling of a level brake lever.. While it may feel a bit firmer, it forces your foot into an awkward position. I adjusted mine to maintain firmness, but engage at a lower point so that it was comfotable for me to get my foot onto the lever and apply it. For the price one has to pay for these, you would think that lever adjustment was standard.
I haven't found this particular setup to force me into an awkward foot position. If anything, it's an improvement IMO. But I know what you mean, for the price one would think EVERYTHING would be adjustable.

They look nice though, with the exception of the curve in the brake lever.. Looks kind of funky.. But again, if it were adjusted, it would not look as strange. All IMO.
The curve was in the original design. It's merely aesthetic and the design hasn't been altered since it was first featured in Kawi's "Club Racer" prototype at the beginning of this year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
nice, so it seems you set your rear sets at the same position that the woodcraft is at. 2" back and 1" up. the difference is that yours are adjustable if you don't like that position. nice pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just because? Haha. Sure I guess. I'll do it when I take some more shots of the foot positioning.
He really wants to see you, haha.

I'd like to see the foot positioning actually, I've hung my feet about where they would be but it's sorta hard to tell.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow.. those things are just beautifully shaped and crafted. I really wish I had the money for these. That's all I want for my bike right now!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts