Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it up the mountain twisties like a champ down like a cruiser then on the straight away thought "Hey, what the hell, empty road, nice straight away, let's have some wheelie fun. Well... Up it went was there doing then having fun for a long time then got a little excited and looped it...

Now for the shitty part. I bought the bike using a credit card because Gieco charges me litterally $8,000+ a year for full coverage but they charge me $1,000 for bare bone liability. Two days before this tragic event got a hold of a good friend of mine who works for Statefarm she tells me... Wow $8,000 I can do it for $1,000 grand full coverage. Had my papers ready, my pictures for it, the whole shabang but didn't get around to putting it in was planned for Friday of this week... Now it's a little to late and i'm going to have to pay the "man" not sure where to start on this but I figure I'll make sure it mechanically works before cosmetic.

GEAR GEAR GEAR!! for all you bastards who think "Well shit, Just going to work and I don't want to mess up my hair" I was fully geared and other then riding pants only had on jeans and look at me. My helmet was thrashed jacket had some nice cuts on the shoulder my gloves where tore up. Without my gear on I might not be here typing this for you all today. Just think about it guys on your way to work some of you might not be able hit 40 mph in rush our except for that one road that's a little empy so you able to get a little speed. Now think what will happen if you are "naked" riding and you crash and you die. Your girl friend, family, wife, children all go to see you either in the hosiptal or even worse your funeral... Guys don't be stupid wear your gear.

Got sited for two things wreckless driving and not having a motorcycle endorsement. (don't get me started on this.) Luckly the cops found out I only had liability and said well, your wallet is going to pay for this and once I take the MSF class not only will I have my full lisence but he'll get bolth charges dismissed.

This was on top of mountain.

This was on the bottom of the mountain.

God bless the gear this is all that happened to me. Little sore but I'll live.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FRAME SLIDERS!!!! those little things saved me over a grand in the frame alone not to mention all the other equipment that it saved. As for how hard the bike hit when it flipped (not sure how many or how hard it hit because once I landed I started rolling off the road asap.) my clutch case is litterally cracked... They say all fun and good projects usually start with a crash. Let's hope there right.

·
Registered
891 Posts
dude, you're lucky as fuck. stay safe, and stop dickin' around! my family drives on these/those roads too :(

glad you are well though, good luck on gettin the bike fixed. You can find a full parts list at www.ronayers.com im pretty sure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've ridden up to Sandia Crest/Peak before. Is that where you were when you pulled this stunt? Glad your ok, but find a different place for wheelies next time. Then again, you stated wheelie fun and now it's not very fun. ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Damn that sucks man. And how much you pay for insurance??! I pay $592 for a year of Full coverage (with $1,000 deductibles). I did however complete the MSF class. And I'm 22.

How old are you?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lowthrizzle
dude, you're lucky as fuck. stay safe, and stop dickin' around! my family drives on these/those roads too :(

glad you are well though, good luck on gettin the bike fixed. You can find a full parts list at www.ronayers.com im pretty sure.
Don't worry I don't do anything around people and or congested areas that's just stupid. I did it on a straight where there was no one what so ever.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by VoodooNinja
I've ridden up to Sandia Crest/Peak before. Is that where you were when you pulled this stunt? Glad your ok, but find a different place for wheelies next time. Then again, you stated wheelie fun and now it's not very fun. ;)
Yeah, it was on the crest road or not actually on it I made it up and down it then to a area I know about where no one is around. I had been donig it for a good 30 mins or so just playing last wheelie I started got to excited then Poof! not fun anymore...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.