Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it up the mountain twisties like a champ down like a cruiser then on the straight away thought "Hey, what the hell, empty road, nice straight away, let's have some wheelie fun. Well... Up it went was there doing then having fun for a long time then got a little excited and looped it...

Now for the shitty part. I bought the bike using a credit card because Gieco charges me litterally $8,000+ a year for full coverage but they charge me $1,000 for bare bone liability. Two days before this tragic event got a hold of a good friend of mine who works for Statefarm she tells me... Wow $8,000 I can do it for $1,000 grand full coverage. Had my papers ready, my pictures for it, the whole shabang but didn't get around to putting it in was planned for Friday of this week... Now it's a little to late and i'm going to have to pay the "man" not sure where to start on this but I figure I'll make sure it mechanically works before cosmetic.

GEAR GEAR GEAR!! for all you bastards who think "Well shit, Just going to work and I don't want to mess up my hair" I was fully geared and other then riding pants only had on jeans and look at me. My helmet was thrashed jacket had some nice cuts on the shoulder my gloves where tore up. Without my gear on I might not be here typing this for you all today. Just think about it guys on your way to work some of you might not be able hit 40 mph in rush our except for that one road that's a little empy so you able to get a little speed. Now think what will happen if you are "naked" riding and you crash and you die. Your girl friend, family, wife, children all go to see you either in the hosiptal or even worse your funeral... Guys don't be stupid wear your gear.

Got sited for two things wreckless driving and not having a motorcycle endorsement. (don't get me started on this.) Luckly the cops found out I only had liability and said well, your wallet is going to pay for this and once I take the MSF class not only will I have my full lisence but he'll get bolth charges dismissed.

This was on top of the mountain.

This was at the bottom of the mountain.

God bless the gear this is all that happened to me. Little sore but I'll live.

FRAME SLIDERS!!!! those little things saved me over a grand in the frame ALONE! not to mention all the other equipment that it saved. As for how hard the bike hit when it flipped (not sure how many or how hard it hit because once I landed I started rolling off the road asap.) my clutch case is litterally cracked... They say all fun and good projects usually start with a crash. Let's hope there right.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Holy crap man. Always hate to see another rider go down but good thing you had gear. Glad to see you are okay even though your bike is a different story. Wheelies are fun but things like this can happen. Hope you get her up and running soon. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Damn man, glad your ok! That sucks about the insurance but your still alive right? Hurry up and get back out there, and +1 on the gear!

P.S. - maybe you can give me your geico hook-ups number when I get my bike in a couple months. ;)

I'm in the same boat you are, it's $60 a month for liablity and $700 a month for full coverage [?]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I tell you what if you guys EVER needs parts there is only one place to go. Kevin from these forums he hooks you up like no other. Advanced Kawasaki is your #1 Kawasaki dealer for sales, parts and service in Orange County. (714)521-2420 (got that straight from the forums)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by trig
Damn man, glad your ok! That sucks about the insurance but your still alive right? Hurry up and get back out there, and +1 on the gear!

P.S. - maybe you can give me your geico hook-ups number when I get my bike in a couple months. ;)

I'm in the same boat you are, it's $60 a month for liablity and $700 a month for full coverage [?]
No, Gieco is the Devil![}:)] Statefarm hooks you up. They will want your car in addition to the bike but they can't say no to just the bike (discrimination). But, they give hell of a deal on car insurance also.:)

·
Registered
802 Posts
State farm all the way. I don't have a car with them. I got full coverage with GREAT limits and low deductible (500 collision, 100 comprehensive) for 354/year. AND, I have a recent speeding ticket. NICE!!!

Sorry bout your bike and the loan.

·
Registered
372 Posts
$8000full coverage......$1000 liability! damn i paid $870 for full covrage for a year.My girl would never forgive me if i did that to her.i got hit once doing 50 mph with no gear just a windbreaker and jeans, was told by people that i flew off did a few tumbles slid to stop blacked out for a few moments and somehow only wound up with a few scraches! talk some about crazy ass luck.Good thing you didnt get hurt bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, doubt but I didn't know where to go when I got it till later not to mention all the adds and dealers telling how good of a deal they give.. LIARS!:(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Don't preach to us about wearing gear when your the jackass with no license and doing wreckless wheelies. Sorry about the bike but really its nobody'd fault but your own.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by vegaspimp
Don't preach to us about wearing gear when your the jackass with no license and doing wreckless wheelies. Sorry about the bike but really its nobody'd fault but your own.
Just so you know I had the license on with me but in the computer it showed no endorcement. I've been pulled over for this before went to the DMV told them to fix it so I don't get a ticket they said they did and apparently they didn't so yes I took the test yes I was suppose to have my license.

For the record it is my fault i'm not denying it on in anyway shape or form. So perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and understand i'm preaching wear your gear to show that if you wear your gear you will live or have a better chance at the very least.

As for wreckless wheelies get over it. When I fix the bike i'll do them agian I was an empty road no one around me and I wanted to have some fun. What's quite interesting to me is hearing you say that like you never attempted to ride one or you never took your bike past the speed limit at least I had the smarts to do it in private away from people. So instead of stating how stupid it was be a little more optomistic about it and say something like "Well, wheelies arn't the most safe thing you can do but at least you did it alone so that your don't harm anyone else."

[:M16] <-- you can be the biscuit in the middle.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Harsh but truth but could have been said nicer[:M38]

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by Kicker
Yeah I tell you what if you guys EVER needs parts there is only one place to go. Kevin from these forums he hooks you up like no other. Advanced Kawasaki is your #1 Kawasaki dealer for sales, parts and service in Orange County. (714)521-2420 (got that straight from the forums)
Quick question, will he ship parts???

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by grimm
yeah man i feel you this is what i have after some lady pulled out in fron of me!!
holy shit man! is there a bike underneath all that carnage?
damn, good luck to both you guys.
-anth-

·
Registered
55 Posts
Talking about kicking a fellow rider while he's down. We all know the risks of stunting so you can just take your foot out of your ass and put in your mouth.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I second the track bike idea. I would get some sharkskinz, replace what needs to be replaced with good aftermarket equipment, and sell it as a track bike. I'll give you a grand for it right now, I would even pick it up. Just letting you know that even though it's wrecked, you're not entirely f*cked, because I'm cheap and probably offering half of what some other (suckers) would.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.