Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a heads up regarding being a total twat and costing yourself un-necessary expense when trying to find out why your bars are snagging one side rather than the other.

When i changed my front mudguard i put the calipers back on what i thought was the right way round but when i went out for a ride and turned into a right hander i noticed it didnt have full lock.

I got home and moving the bars left and right looking down near the forks to see where it was snagging. I couldnt find out what was doing it and being a ham fisted fucker at times i gave it some welly (force) whilst holding the front brake lever so it didnt move forward when all of a sudden then brake lever went slack to the clip on and brake fluid pissed all down the middle of the lower yoke and forks.

yep you guessed it i found out what the problem was, when i put the calipers back on i didnt move the brake lines over properly so they were out the way. Needless to say i have just had to fork out another £50/$95 on some new HEL stainless braided hoses, this time with a red pvc cover and stainless fittings (not steel like the current rusty ones).

Its an expense i could have done without as the brakes were working nicely, so now other than having to refit them i have to do the laborious task of bleeding the bastards again, still it should look nice once its all done (pics to follow when fitted).

Russ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.