Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just picked up an RR model. It was fun having an E around, but the Green Machine was too tempting to pass up. I got a killer deal at 7100 OTD. Rides very nice so far, but I haven't done over 4k due to the break in procedure. It's soooo beautiful. Soon to be modded out, but omg, it's so adjustable in terms of suspension, and the slipper clutch is awesome. Listening to the fuel injection prime gives me goosebumps. It was cheaper to insure than the E, which was wierd. Anyway, here's a pic. There's a thunder storm that just rolled up, so it's in the garage. Being stock, you won't miss anything tho.

-Ben

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats....you went to MFI I guess.
They are real cool there.
We will have to ride soon.
Dont follow that BS break-in. You can bring the bike up to 8k rpms from 1 mi....just vary the rpms & shift alot. Try not to brake & allow the engine to decel on its own. I've done this with all my bikes & have had 0 problems.

I'm trying to decide how to spend money on mine...hindle slip-on, velocity stacks, brake lines & pads, sliders, perhaps a damper...not sure yet.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
welcome to the zx6'R'.com club! j/k

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by devulge

Congrats....you went to MFI I guess.
They are real cool there.
We will have to ride soon.
Dont follow that BS break-in. You can bring the bike up to 8k rpms from 1 mi....just vary the rpms & shift alot. Try not to brake & allow the engine to decel on its own. I've done this with all my bikes & have had 0 problems.

I'm trying to decide how to spend money on mine...hindle slip-on, velocity stacks, brake lines & pads, sliders, perhaps a damper...not sure yet.
Yeah, I went to MFI. They know me pretty well up there. Whenever I walk in I make their day rather interesting.;) I often show up to out right to buy a new bike. I won't be buying a new one for a while, though.

Hey thanks for the advice on the break-in. Top gear at 4K is only 45 miles an hour, so it'll be nice to bring it up to 8.

In terms of what you're going to buy for it, I'd go for a Hindle and damper or FI mapping.

I absolutely love the bike, however, and just got back from staring at it in the garage.

-Ben

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by swjohnsey

A beauty! It helps to sleep with them for the first few nights.
What???!!! I am still sleeping with mine...makes my girl mad, but she will get over it, or I will get a new girl!

Congrats Ben! Mine still makes more HP!!! Saw a RR at VIR with a Hindle full system and PC III making 103 rwhp. Mine made 105.8 bone stock! But then again, I do have 36 more cc's. Can't wait until I can afford my shotguns and PC III.

Interested in a carbon fiber look tank bra? Mine is for sale. I like mine better without.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Awesome choice! Great looking bike. I'm sure you've already got plenty of ideas for mods :D.

Congrats on the new bike!!! [:p]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ZX636Skiv

Originally posted by swjohnsey

A beauty! It helps to sleep with them for the first few nights.
What???!!! I am still sleeping with mine...makes my girl mad, but she will get over it, or I will get a new girl!

Congrats Ben! Mine still makes more HP!!! Saw a RR at VIR with a Hindle full system and PC III making 103 rwhp. Mine made 105.8 bone stock! But then again, I do have 36 more cc's. Can't wait until I can afford my shotguns and PC III.

Interested in a carbon fiber look tank bra? Mine is for sale. I like mine better without.
Thanks Skiv!:D Yours has more horsies, but rest assured, mine has more GREEN!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by Ben-Diesel

More green, but still sweet! I probably would have gone with the green if I coulda gotten the 636, and if all my gear wasn't red already! My '03 is red, '91 is red/ yellow, '86 stang is red, '96 gmc truck is red...so it was a natural thing. Also I just traded my '91 for a '00 ZX6R that I plan to use as a stunt bike. Guess what color it is???!!! Well, it will be cover in fur someday anyway, might have to paint it flat black to cover all the red, heh eh.
ZX636Skiv has attached this file: 08_14_2003__006.jpg

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ZX636Skiv

Originally posted by Ben-Diesel

More green, but still sweet! I probably would have gone with the green if I coulda gotten the 636, and if all my gear wasn't red already! My '03 is red, '91 is red/ yellow, '86 stang is red, '96 gmc truck is red...so it was a natural thing. Also I just traded my '91 for a '00 ZX6R that I plan to use as a stunt bike. Guess what color it is???!!! Well, it will be cover in fur someday anyway, might have to paint it flat black to cover all the red, heh eh.
ZX636Skiv has attached this file: 08_14_2003__006.jpg

How badly damaged is it?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think I am going to go to 211 this saturday morning. I'm leaving my house around 10am. or earlier...unless hung over.
I live off of Hoadly Rd so if you are interested let me know.
I just got my bike dialed in up there this weekend & it was fun.

Still thinking of what to add...perhaps radar detector is best bet for me. I will probally wait until X-mas before I do anything.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dman- You bet your butt it's a difference. I can't get over how much more potential it has, and I hope to flex it's muscles post haste.

Devulge- I live 10 Minutes from Hoadly Rd. Right across from the new high school at the top of spriggs. I can't take a longer ride that that until I finish breaking in the RR. But if you're interested, on the 30th me and a bunch of other riders are going to VIR to catch some racing. Let me know.

-Ben

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Way to go Ben!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I think you have a great looking bike but I'm probably what they call a predjudiced observer. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.