Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back from insurance yesterday, and got the fairings all off today. It started up but had a oil light on, probably from being upside down :)
Did an oil change and now it's happily purring again.

I went for a quick ride around the block (can't go too far as I have no headlights, or other indicators), and it seems to ride fine, but I notice the steering, while it feels normal, visually looks crooked. To go straight, the handlebars are turned slightly to the right.

See pic:

Does this indicate bent forks? anything I might be able to correct? I've seen some people say simply removing the triple clamp and retightening it can fix it?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
try to loosen the parts and retighten them. it could be something got loose and shifted out of place.

·
Registered
810 Posts
happened to me too, the forks are literally twisted inside the upper and lower triples. I haven't gotten mine 100% straight but all you gotta do is loosen the top 2 pinch bolts, have a friend hold the bike upright, and you yourself grab the front wheel between your legs and twist in the direction its off. Tighten back and see whats up. Also if that doesnt do it, loosen the bottom triple a bit too and try it again (dont loosen both top and bottom or else bike will slide through forks)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.