Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago some idiot ran a red light and plowed into me on my 95 zx6r. The fairing stuffed but i can replace that for a reasonable price. My problem is that the front wheel is alot closer to the belly pan than it used to be and people I have talked to say that either the frame or the forks are to blame. I cant see any bend in either of them but when I unbolted the fuel tank the bolts would re-align with the holes anymore.
No-one was insured so I dont have much money to do the repairs and from what I have read a new frame goes for $3000 US and I paid $7500 NZ ($1 NZ = 50c US) for the bike. Does this mean that the frame is bent and my precous bike is destined to the wreckers?

·
Registered
999 Posts
It sounds like the frame bent at the neck which is common in wrecks. I would try to find a used frame, I see them forsale all the time.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Check the fork tubes first but . . .

The frame on the '95 was supposed to be weak near the steering head. The '96 and '97 were stronger. There is a guy on eBay who sells frames. He might not advertise what you want but he has lots of other stuff. If you have a choice try for a '96 or '97 frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.