Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while going over my bike yesterday i found out that my front wheel is bent by the lip not bad but you can see it not leaking air must have hit a pot-hole can it be bentback or should i get a new used one or should i have my insurance take car of it. any info how insurance company claims work i have never put one in before how long dose it take? and will it spike up my payments.......any info will help

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I don't think it will be a problem if there's no air leakage. My buddy ran off road and hit a curve, bent his rim and just kept on riding...even did a track day on it. A new rim from Kawasaki will run you about $600 plus paint. Perhaps, next time you go get tires ask if they can fix it for you...

If you want to go the insurance route, I'm not sure what your coverage is but usually they just come look at the bike and verify info then cut you a check. But yes, more than likely, your rates will go up. Ask BadDaddyJama what he did for his rim

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info i have full coverage the only coverage i did not get is uninsured motorist and passenger lib 650 a year with 24hr roadside service. never had this kind of coverage befor even my cars had bear mim. i think i will wate into i can find a non bent yellow rim on ebay im geting new tires pp the back one this friday and than next week will get the front one put on bills have to be paid..... p.s will it be ok to ride with a new pp on the rear and a stock front its old but still has tred but is starting to crack if so how should i ride her not worryed on the strats but going into turns will she be ok?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by jason1313
thanks for the info i have full coverage the only coverage i did not get is uninsured motorist and passenger lib 650 a year with 24hr roadside service. never had this kind of coverage befor even my cars had bear mim. i think i will wate into i can find a non bent yellow rim on ebay im geting new tires pp the back one this friday and than next week will get the front one put on bills have to be paid..... p.s will it be ok to ride with a new pp on the rear and a stock front its old but still has tred but is starting to crack if so how should i ride her not worryed on the strats but going into turns will she be ok?
WHo insures you?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys. the only reson i was thinking about going to the insur.comp is that right now dont have a lot of money to put into my bike. unlike the green and blue and red zx6r the yellow is the most rear of the colors even Kawasaki asks more for my yellow than the others. next year i am going to get the wheels powered and the tank 2 and all new bodyparts from a web site that sells the parts new at about 1/2 off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.