Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove bent sliders? I'm having a tough time :mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Anyone think that is frame damage? The appraiser said there was frame damage, but I think its just the slider that got f*cked up

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
DAMN....how is that not a write off?

·
Registered
125 Posts
wow. really good chance the frame is bent. from the picture, it does look like there's a bend by the slider. i'd say you got bigger problems than getting the slider off. but if you need to, cut the bolt and use an extractor to get what's left over out.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I'd cut the plastic part off and go from there.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Here is my unexperienced opinion (what I would do):

Use something long that slips over the whole slider or into the hole in the slider that is long. Use it to SLOWLY bend the bolt back. If the bolt breaks use a bolt extractor to take it off. If it doesn't break then use a socket wrench....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the frame is damaged, then again I haven't removed the sliders yet. Insurance wants to total it but their offer is kinda low for what I paid :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
wondering if you can cut the slider off by sawing it in half and priying the puck off then go at it with the long bolt....but damn that bike is trashed....hope you didnt get hurt bad

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, got it off by sawing it off... I tried to bend it back but it kept twisting, Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.