Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finshed polishing my swingarm and rim lips. i need a buffer to bring out the shine since doing it by hand only helped a little. i heard that theres attachment to drills, but im looking for anything thats will work to bring out a chrome shine. what did you guys use for your polishing, the buffer or by hand?

·
Registered
363 Posts
if you want it to shine you have to use a drill attachment or electric polisher. For tight spots use a dremel tool with polishing kit.
You can buy drill attachments at some auto parts stores, and maybe at homedepot.Then you have to use polishing compound and lots of pads.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i used mothers polish, but i was thinking of using jeweler rouge(sp?) and a buffer. i already have a dremel and all the polishing attachements for tight spots, i just need a good buffer.

so any high speed one will do then?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I also use jewler rouge it helped my frame out alot. I just have a little $20 air buffer from walmart, been using it for about 3 years wih great results. I also use a big electric car buffer/polisher on the big parts of the frame. It was around $65 from sears I think.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
minytrker, thats the air tool right, the kind i hook up to my compressor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.