Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find out whats the best chain and sprocket setup to get the best of both worlds (wheelies and racing)? who makes it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I want to change my front sprocket because I've heard if you make it smaller the chain has a tighter circle to go around and it causes more stress on the chain.
whats the most amount of teeth in the rear anyone has ever heard of racing?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by panhandlevandal
I don't think I want to change my front sprocket because I've heard if you make it smaller the chain has a tighter circle to go around and it causes more stress on the chain.
whats the most amount of teeth in the rear anyone has ever heard of racing?
Its not as big of a deal as you might hear. If you get a good chain they are built to withstand more abuse than you will be able to dish out on the street. Get a RK GXW chain. Just keep it clean and lubed as you should anyway.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think he's more concerned about sprocket size rather than brand. I think stock is 40teeth. I've heard going -1F is like +3R but I've been hearing different stories. I also heard the going down in the front is the biggest factor in dropping your top MPH but I also heard going up in the rear has the biggest effect. I'm still doing research on it too

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah I was refering to sprocket size.
Stock on 05-06 is 15/43. Its stamped right on the sprocket. -1 front is about equal to 3+ rear (2.7)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.