Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 05 ZZR 600...which I swore to my self I would not modify!!

But, given the right fork at the right price I might do it.
What are the best Bolt on swap...must be a direct swap or complete with front wheel and brake rotors etc.

I ask because we have a lot of non titled bikes here in Hawaii...,! ,!!?

Thanks foe suggestions

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
There is no direct boilt on swap unfortunately. You gotta get the trees and forks from an 03 to 08 ZX6R and have a shop swap the steering stem from your ZZR tree into the ZX6R tree. THEN it's a direct bolt on. Jake is right, your existing wheel and rotors will bolt up to those forks.

Allballsracing.com has bearing kits for swapping front ends. Go check them out and maybe you can find another front end that will bolt up. Follow the directions on the website.

Btw the master swappable parts list sticky is wrong about ZX12R forks swapping out. The stem on the ZX12 is the same size and uses the same bearings as the 03-08 ZX6R, but the stem is longer. So same story there; you gotta get your stem put into another tree, which is done with a hydraulic press.

Check ebay for ZX6R forks to do the swap. Check the classifieds here too. You'll need forks, trees, clip ons, and calipers. 50 mm CBR clip ons sit higher than ZX6R ones btw. They sit at the same height that you're currently used to. ZX6R clip ons sit low and I think may interfere with fully turning the front end...I think. I never used them on my swap, I went with CBR 1000 bars and loved them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts