Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys thinks is the best full exhaust for a 636.......i want more of a deeper throat type than a high ricer sound if you know what i mean...........im looking into getting a full akrapovic exhaust

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the board. I think you just answered your own question.:D Are you looking for performance or just sound? Try a search and you will find gobs of reviews and personal experiences.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's personal preference. What will truely set you apart is tuning. With good tuning, You can have just a meer slip on and make more power than a 636 with a full ti akra system. I've seen an 03 R6 with just a micron slip-on make 109hp and PCIII, while another 03 R6 made 105hp with a full Yosh setup and PCIII. the difference was the tuner. Then the bike with the full Yosh made 111hp when he went to the other guy's tuner. In essesnce..exhaust decision is irrelavent without the right tuner. I'll be going to same guy once I save up for a Moriwaki...I just want a moriwaki cause they have a lambda tuner sensor bung and the unit to help in tuning it, plus the soft rainbow can is pretty![:eek:)]

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Indeed, welding a threaded bung to a Ti pipe can be problematic if you don't have the right equipment.

As for pipes - did someone say ARATA?:D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Arata what? I smell Arata! :D

Sorry just can't help it. IMO By far the best exhaust system on the market! Isn't that right Strong Bad?[:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Anything requiring Mr. Bad to back it up is in BIG need of help... :D

Arata is an EXCELLENT exhaust. I'd buy one if I couldn't quite afford Akrapovic.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm running a yosh tri-oval pcIII and ignition advance +4 and we are getting just under 112 hp. So needless to say, I'm stoked.:D

·
Registered
854 Posts
636joker: whats the igniton adv. +4 all about. Im getting a yosh tri oval in a week. I appreciate all the help with this can and it components.

·
Registered
401 Posts
did your trs backfire a lot before the pcIII. my does, and did you notice the difference.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had my buddy who works and races for performance machine do it for me. Even w/o the advance, you'll see a good improvment over stock.Never once had a backfire but I did notice my bike running rich afterword (carbon buildup) But after the first service @ 600 mi, it was fine. It's amazing how much heavier the stock can is over the yosh. I have a pic here for you. check it out. What color is you bike?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Isnt Factory Pro coming out with one?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.