Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 11 zx6r with black with matte black mid fairring that i completely love!

The bike is 100% so iam wondering what are the best looking and reliable/solid first mod, like frame slider, integrated taillight with fender eliminator,this winter i was thinking about,levers, slip on , mid pipe, commander, air filter,tune .

Also is there something to do with the stock damper? At the hardest setting i had a little shake when landing a wheelie, or i can install a better one ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the same year model bike but the kawi green version. As far as first bolt on mods go, it all depends on what your lookin for. To clean the bikes look up a little, I'd recommend a fender eliminator and integrated tail light. I was able to find a combo deal on eBay for 70 and it was really easy to install. I also have the M4 exhaust which sounds amazing. And as far as the dampner goes, I'd definitely recommend either getting an aftermarket one or putting some thicker fork oil in the stock one. I actually went both routes and found the Scott's steering dampner works a hell of a lot better than just putting thicker oil in the stock dampner. And maybe later down the road after u get used to the bike, look into some new tires if it still has the stock battle ax's on there. In my opinion they're not really the best tires unless all u use the bike for is commuting. Q3's are the way to go! Hope this helped ya out a little man

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You can get the stock damper re-valved for around $85. It makes it the same as the real Ohlins aftermarket damper. You can also do the mod yourself by either ordering the new parts or modifying the existing internals.

Here is some more information regarding the process: Ohlins Steering Damper Fix, How we do it - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

Here is the link if you want to send it in and have it done professionally: http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B795D6D27E7341D8FDDF8E0BDECF72B6.m1plqscsfapp02?productId=553

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i will do that !

As for the taillight , lockhart fillips look good ? the smoked look a little dark and the iam not sure about the chromed /clear one ? I ve seen some blaster x that look good also.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have done and would recommend the following:

- Sprockets (F -1, R+1)
- Revalve Damper (Kyle Racing)
- Shorty Levers
- Integrated Tail Light
- Fender Eliminator
- Solo Seat
- Double Bubble Windscreen
- Full Exhaust
- PCV or Bazzaz with a Reflash ;)
- Smog Block Offs
- Race Filter or if you want a cheap mod remove the Steel Mesh from Stock
- Tires (Stock ones always suck)

I know its a lot of mods but they are all good ones

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

My post was refering to the good brand ... i know i need a fender and a taillight haha !

Do you have any pic of the competition werks taillight , smoke or clear version ?

I will just put the fender and taillight for now and do the rest this winter, if anyone have a link of a good and cheap fender eliminator that will put the plate near the taillight not near the shock , that would be appreciated!

As for getting use to the bike , i don't think it will be a problem lol,I went to the Fast Racing school in Ontario couples month ago and rent this exact same bike that i loved, knee on the ground after -3-4 session , this bike is like a bmx compared to my 636!!! We had 2-3 weeks in the 95* degree and the bt016 litterally melt in 3500 miles in the twisties...

bike is now on Q2 ;)

So for now iam looking at a good and cheap fender and taillight !

here is some pic :

the day i got her home

and 2-3 weeks later at 95* in the twisties::D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys by brand i was refering example, on my 06 636 , the lockhart fillip was know to not melt like others, i just don't want to buy in a rush a product that will not be as good as other available!

@ducc995 in fact i discovered the q2 just a little too late , i have one on the rear and an s20 on front , but the next will be Dunlop for sure.

Just the shape of that rear tire is so much more agressive, the chicken strip are a little harder to remove on this one lol, so far iam happy with it .

But other that short live , i didn't had any problem on the 016, this set up feeled 10 times more confident than s20 on my 636 with suspension fully setuped for my riding style and weight by John at Elka suspension (local shop) and the 2011 didn't had the suspension set at the time, it was done 1 week ago and it now feel great!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Now for your next set you should be able to get the Q3's. I hear they are even better than the Q2's, and the Q2's are superb!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, my local dealer was not able to get them in their catalog ... but i will look further next time !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts