Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read numerous posts on various boards about full systems and slip-ons need some help from my Ninja bros here.

All I need is a slip-on as I don't plan on racing (at least anytime soon:D)

I do want the deep/loud sound, but not D&D loud. I'm also looking for more midrange power, moreso than any extra gain in the top-end.

So far, Micron Ti (highmount), M4 Ti (highmount), Moriwaki Ti and Yoshi RS3 Ti are catching my eye.

I read somewhere that highmounts caused either a loss in power or no power gains at all... any truth to this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help. BTW, 800 miles on the stock can and it's getting much louder.[:p]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The highmounts bend the pipe to move the canister up. The straighter the pipe after the collector (in most cases) the better.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Aftermarket cans probably won't give you more power in the midrange and neither will a full system. The power gains are usually at the high end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I do know that some full systems do in fact improve mid-range a lot... ex. sato

I read through about 100 posts on SBW,lol and some knowledgable guys did say that certain slip-ons would improve mid-rpm power... however they never mentioned which slip-ons.

I think DJ Dunzie had a few posts on it... maybe he'll see this here?????

·
Registered
512 Posts
they say that muzzy will give more in the low to mid range, I have one, not noticible for me, the sound is nice, deep sound at idle and not overbearing while running even at high rpm's. the only way I know of to really change your low to mid power is to gear down in front or up in back.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Truth be known, basically all slip on systems mirror the original powerband throughout the range... changing the last portion of pipe and the can isn't going to re-model the powerband... so while you will get some gains, it pretty much just mirrors the original curve, maybe slightly improved everywhere, and predominantly on the top end as sw suggests.

The difference between different slip on systems in terms of power gains isn't as great as the type of gains between different brands of full systems... you'll typically see a 2hp increase with a dyno curve that exactly mirrors the original (stock) one.

To get the most out of your bike, add an exhaust (and if you want an aftermarket filter) and then have the bike properly mapped or jetted to get the most from every rpm range.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and ordered the micron highmount Ti slip-on from pipecity.com. I'm going to wait a bit and then get the PCIII and have it mapped. thanks for the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.