Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and I was wondering what some of the better mods you can do to a zx6r I am really looking for more power out of this bike. right now this bike is stock and I am just looking to get every little HP out of it. also I have a 99 model that I am putting back together and I am looking for some body work so if you have any email me with prices and condition.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Probably gearing if you want better oomph. Then there's the usual, exhaust, and anything else that you can replace with a lighter bit. Perfect the jetting, maybe try an aftermarket airfilter, but I'm not convinced they're much better than OEM on that model. Maybe an ignition advancer. Then there's the engine internals. Bore that puppy out! If it's just for the street go for 636 or 650!!! We're tallking $$$ now though. Or rekindle the turbo/NOS project bikes.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
If you want to push the limits of the bike, and have never done so... the best money is spent on track days and track schools imo. A full exhaust, jet kit, air filter, and ignition mods will maybe net you in the neighborhood of 10 horsepower or so. Becoming a faster track rider is worth more than 10hp, even on the street. Better money might even be spent on suspension, braking, and rubber...

As a riding buddy of mine always says, monkeys can drive fast in a straight line. Let's go trackin'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.