Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. Been back riding for about 6 months and it all started off with a 636. Alot of my friends have cruisers but a few have sport bikes. Its no fun to ride with the harleys when your on a street bike so I went and got me a harley too :)

2001 Softtail

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have my 636 :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by zx10rpsycho
Everything's cool but the winsheild. Haha

Might as well be riding this.
winsheild is better than buggs in the teeth

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice bike i have a 2003 honda vtx 1800 cruiser also and they can be fun just to ride or a long trip. I like my 636 better though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I prefer the Fat Boy , but its still a nice bike. I also dont like the windshield but if I was riding a cruiser I would wear a helmet just for the main fact of the bugs and wind. I road without my helmet once on my 636 and hated it. I dont know how those cruiser guys do it and enjoy the ride..... Oh wait its because they are going SLOW.[:p]

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm shopping for a cheap cruiser to add to the stable for commuting, mellow rides and two-up with the wife, but I'm leaning heavily towards the Triumph America. Only 800cc, but it's got classic good looks, isn't a V-twin, gets out of its own way, and is pretty fun to ride (considering it's a cruiser). They're only $7900 list. I can't see squaring off the tires on the Ninja with commuting/highway and mellower rides. Just seems like a waste.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by keithk76

i guess you have to have a half shell helmet to ride a cruiser huh?
Ofcourse. The max sustained speed Ill go is 70 and with the sheild I hardly get any windblast to the face.

Been working on the wheelie but just have not been able to do it. hehe

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
If I ever bought a Hardly, it'd be a Softail. Nice choice.

--David

·
Registered
875 Posts
Saw one of those in the dealer when I picked up my bike. Pretty cool. I always thought the valkyrie (sp?) is pretty badass for a cruiser too. Though I don't see myself getting a cruiser anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.